[6]: Getting Ready

The trip back to his pack house (as I now remember it's called from my impressive collection of werewolf novels) was beyond long. I'm amazed that I was actually able to run this far from there.

However, Alpha man here managed to sling me onto his shoulder before I could run again and started walking off without even striking up a conversation. Rude. It took me almost thirty minutes to realize that he wasn't going to answer any of my random questions before I gave up and just tried my best not to look at his delicious firm behind as he walked.

Now, I had time for myself to think with our silence. And I couldn't seem to get the image of those bright green eyes out of my head. It was like some strange dream that I don't really plan on revisiting. They were so strange. And I could have sworn that those swirling green eyes were staring right at me as I swam. Like the creepy feeling in the back of your neck when you know you're being watched.

As I thought about those bright green eyes, I didn't really understand till now that we were back in his pack house. In a room more specifically.

"You need to get ready for your Welcoming party," his deep, sexy voice ordered, leaving no space for arguments as he set me down on the large bed in the middle of the room. The king-sized bed with canopy covering on all four posts, that were tied back, seemed to be the most important piece of furniture in here. And it was actually quite comfortable, something I could get quickly accustomed to.

I scoff. "As if I'm ever going to listen to you. Remember? I'm not a part of your pack, I'm human."

He looked at me with a hooded expression before leaving the dresser that he'd been searching through before sauntering over to the side of the bed I'd resided on. The fear that flooded my veins was overwhelming and I couldn't help the sense of déjà vu at this moment. A traitorous tear slipping down my cheek as my body shook in fear.

Once he got to me he grasped my chin firmly, turning my head up to meet his scorching gaze. "Listen here, darlin'. You are my mate and our future Luna; therefore, you are a part of this pack. Human or not. You are going to get ready for this party, that's in your honor, wether I take you a bath or not."

I took a deep breath before scowling at him with the rest of my confidence. "You. Wouldn't. Dare," I snapped, venom lacing each word. No way was this arrogant, egotistical man touching me in any way possible. I'm not going to allow any man to touch me... not after Him.

The next thing I know, I'm being pinned to the bed with my wrists above my head and him straddling me, immobilizing my legs, with a blank expression on his face. To say I was shocked is an understatement. To say I wasn't on the verge of crying again would have been a complete lie. This situation was too close to the one with Him.

"Now, do you want to get ready yourself or am I going to have to get us both ready?" He asked the question like I actually had a choice.

I glare at him. "I don't need some creepy old man looking at my goodies."

I don't know if it was just me but I thought I saw the corner of his luscious pink lips twitch up. It was actually quite sexy to see... but I wasn't going to let his good looks distract me from my unrequited hatred towards the man whom ran me over to claiming an intimate bond between us. It just wasn't happening.

"Now, get off me so I can get myself ready," I order before a mischievous smirk played on my lips, "or do you want your bed to be all wet from my hair?"

He gives me a strange look before letting me go and dropping a towel and wash rag beside my head. Once I sat up to grab the two bathroom clothes, he was already walking through a door.

Wimp, I thought as I crawled off the bed and over to what I could only assume was the bathroom door because he used the other one. And my assumption was correct.