[12]: Decide Our Fate

A soft moan slips past my lips as I feel someone playing in my hair. It's the most amazing feeling ever. Another moan following close behind as I also feel a warmth spreading throughout my body at the feel of a thumb running circles on the exposed skin of my waist. My hands subconsciously tighten around the fabric in my grasp as I lean into their touch.

"Time to wake up, darlin'," a husky voice breaths across my ear. A shiver runs down my spine. The next thing I know, lips are teasing the sensitive skin behind my ear.

"M'kay," I moan out. The grogginess clear in my voice, but the groan that answered knocked the sleep right out of me.

My eyes shoot open to meet Ian's wide chest. A blush dances on my cheeks as I notice that he's staring down at me with a bland expression.

Great, I thought to myself as he pulls us both out of the vehicle. His hands placed firmly on my hips as he holds me in place, close to his heated body. I can't shake the feeling that, even with his harsh demeanor and cool exterior, there's a passion behind his motives. Wether it be from himself and not the mate bond is highly improbable.

"Whatever you're thinking right now, cut it out," Ian orders, interrupting my thoughts. I look up to glare at him but gasp when I notice, behind his steely gaze, there's a swirl of emotions behind it that I hadn't noticed before. My mouth flaps like that of a fish gasping for desperately needed air.

"I... um," I start but he cuts me off from further embarrassing myself.

"There's no point in denying it, darlin'," he states, pulling us out of the vehicle and planting me firmly on my feet. His large hands held firm on my wide hips. "Whatever you were thinking, don't. I don't want you looking like a sad pup when you go to meet my dad."

My heart pangs at his statement. He was just trying to make sure I didn't embarrass him in front of his dad. Nothing more. The feelings that I thought I had saw were just part of my sick imagination playing tricks on me. Making me believe that this gorgeous man would ever feel anything for someone like me. Young, naïve, and weak-hearted.

"Sir, your dad would like you to meet him for dinner once you get settled," the scrawny little boy that lead us into our room announced before bowing and leaving.

I stare after the door while Ian opens his luggage and pulls out his dinner attire, and possibly mine.

"C'mere, darlin'," I hear Ian behind me. I wait a couple more seconds to fix my emotions before turning and going to him. He pulls me towards him by my waist.

Today has been the most he's ever touched me, I thought bitterly. Possibly the last.

"Tell me what's going on through that head of yours?" Ian queried with a monotone voice, but, to me, it sounded more like a command. I hiss and fold my arms while looking away from his hypnotizing eyes, which are starting to become my weakness.
Like I need another one, I thought scornfully.

His grip on my waist tightens and I gasp before glaring at him. He growls back in response before snarling causing his nose to form wrinkles.

"When I ask you a question, you answer me. Got it?"
I roll my eyes and look off to the side. No way was I in the mood to take his crap.

"I said answer me goddammit," he snarls, snatching up my chin and turning my gaze up to his fiery orbs. "What the hell is your problem this time?"

My veins pulse with a newfound fury as memories from my earlier years come to me. This is the same exact thing that I always allow to happen. The same exact thing where a male thinks he can take charge and command me just because I am supposedly of the weaker, inferior sex. It's the same exact thing where a male will showcase his power and authority over a female just because he has the brawn versus our brain. That's what infuriates me, and I plan on making sure that this beast understands.