Chapter 24

He didn't reply, all he did was smile. I took the bag from his hand and opened it. The pregnancy test laying on top, with 2 visible lines.

I was pregnant.

"Shit! Brad, what am I going to do?" I panicked, waving my hands across my eyes hoping it would stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't believe this was happening to me! I sat back on the bench placing my head in my hands.

Suddenly, I felt his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into a tight hug, the warmth from his body feeling like it would protect me and our baby forever.

"We better get back to the others, we will talk about it later. Okay?" He replied taking my hand.

We walked back to the play area, where all the boys were waiting impatiently.

"There was a massive queue!" We both lied.

We handed the boys their drinks and I sat with Jake letting him have some sips of mine.

"Ahhh cold! Cold!" Jake screamed spitting his mouthful into my hand!

"Jakee! Ewww!" I complained looking for something to wipe my hands on.

"Brad. Come here and see if I have some antibacterial in my bag please." I asked handing him the bag. "Be careful they don't see!" I whispered as he opened it.

"Nope. There's nothing in there. Just wipe it on here and then you can wash them when we get home." He replied, handing me the Costa bag.

"I'm going to go back home, I need to wash my hands, and I think Jake's had enough for today too." I announced as I picked up my things.

I walked back home and into the house. Jake rushed up into his room getting his Toy Story toys before bring them all down. I washed my hand and took my bag upstairs. Taking out the test I looked at it again, the 2 lines still there, in less than 9 months' time there was going to be a screaming baby which would be all mine and Brad's responsibility. I placed the test into the back on the bathroom draw, Mum would never go in there so she wouldn't see it. I was going to be a teen mum! Pregnant at 17 with someone I had known for around a week. What was I doing? This would never would have happened if I stayed in London. I don't regret it at all, but I wish I didn't rush into everything. Brad was my first ever boyfriend, I loved him but everything was going too fast.

I went back into the living room, the boys were still at the park. I sat with Jake and read him his Toy Story book, we had Buzz and Woody join in with the story too!

Text to Brad the Great

What you lot doing? X

Seconds later I received a text back for him

Text from Brad the Great

Just leaving the park now, see you in 5 :D B xxx

I carried on the story, making it up as I went along! Jake soon drifted off to sleep, I propped him up into the corner of the sofa. I went and opened the door pocking my head out to see if I could see them, they were 3 houses down. I left the door open while I went and made a drink.

I heard the door open and they all walked in

"Shh, Jake is asleep" I annouced from the kitchen.

Brad walked in opening the cupboard, pulling out a pack of biscuits.

"Make yourself at home!" I joked.

As he went to walk off to the living room I grabbed his arm.

"I'd understand if you cant be around that much, but I'd never not let you not see your child" I whispered,