Chapter 17

It felt like I was asleep for days in truth it was only for 4 hours. I woke up bolt upright breathing rapidly, I was having a nightmare. The day of the crash was rushing through my head, the screams the bang and my dad's last words. I turned to Brad he was still asleep. I pulled back the covered and got out of bed, walking to the bathroom I closed the door behind me. I washed my face and sat leaning against the bath. I heard a faint tapping on the door, where in walked Nat.

"You alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll be okay, I can't sleep." I lied.

"Nor can I." She frowned, "Do you want to come and watch a film with me?" She asked.

"I should be watching Jake." I began,

"I'm sure Brad will sort him out." She went on to say.

"No, I really should get back, but thank you anyway." I smiled getting up,

"Well if you change your mind, just coming in my room. I'll probably still be awake!" She laughed.

I walked back into the bedroom dodging all of Brads clothes that were spread across the floor. I got back into bed and turned towards Brad.

"Where did you go?" He questioned.

"I just needed the toilet." I lied again.

"Liar, you were gone for a good 15 minutes. What's the matter?" He said shuffling up to me, bringing me into a tight embrace.

"I just couldn't sleep, then Nat came and we spoke for a bit." I smiled,

"We'll talk in the morning" I replied pulling the covers up over me.

"Why not now?" He asked,

"Brad its half 1 in the morning!" I laughed,

I rolled over and closed my eyes, hoping I'd get back to sleep and not have another nightmare.

I woke again, it was 5.17, Jake had woken. I picked him up, trying to settle him back to sleep but he would go. I went back and picked up his bag from by the bed. I walked into the hall and sat on the sofa by the top of the stairs. I got my phone out and texted Brad so he would know where I was in the morning.

Text to Brad the Great

Morning, I'm downstairs in the living room. Jake woke up and won't settle back down. Hope he didn't wake you. L x

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, I poured some milk into Jake's cup and placed it in the microwave, stopping it before it bleeped. I went into the living room getting comfortable on sofa Jesse ran towards us and jumped on the sofa, I stroked her before she wondered off again. I placed Jake on my lap and giving him some milk. I laid the blanket over the both of us and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of someone coming down the stairs, I turned to the door to see Anne walk into the room.

"Morning." she whispered, seeing Jake was still asleep. "Did you sleep alright?" she asked, sitting next to us.

"Morning, Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Jake woke at half 5 and wouldn't go back to sleep so I came down," I answered.

"Oh, I'm going to make a hot drink, do you want anything?" She asked, getting up from the sofa.

"Ooh. Yes please, a hot chocolate would be great" I said excitedly,

"Sure, do you want some toast or fruit?" she asked, poking her head around the door.

"I'm alright at the moment thanks." I replied.

Anne came back in the room with 2 drinks, one for me and one for her. She brought the table closer and placed my drink onto it.