Chapter 16

"Here we go!" Brad said placing his hand on my shoulder, "You sure you want to do this? We can always go back if you don't?" He asked.

"I'm sure." I replied giving him a smile. We reached platform 7 where our train was due to arrive in 4 minutes.

We got on the train, it was a shorter journey then the last one but still long having to be Jake's entertainer the whole time!

We pulled up to Birmingham station at just gone 10 past 6. We walked into the car park where Anne, Brads mum was planning to meet us,

"I see her car it's over there." Brad pointed with the suitcase still in his hand.

"I'm nervous." I admitted to Brad as we walked closer to the car.

"You'll be fine trust me!" He smiled, squeezing my hand.

"Brad, I've missed you so much." Anne smiled while hugging Brad.

"Lottie, it's nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you!" She laughed giving me a hug.

"You too, this is my little brother Jake." I said turning around to show her, as he was hiding between my legs.

"Hello Buddy!" She said stroking his head.

Brad put our suitcases in the boot while I strapped Jake into the car seat. I got into the middle while Brad sat next to me,

I put my hand into his and squeezed it tightly "You were right." I whispered.

I got my phone out and texted Brad, not wanted Anne to hear.

Text to Brad the Great

What does your family actually know about me?

Text from Brad the Great 

All they know is that your my girlfriend x

Text to Brad the Great

How did they know this before me! ;p X

Text from Brad the Great

I though you knew! I wouldn't do all this to a friend now would I! ;p

"Here we are." Brad said, as Anne pulled up into the driveway of a big modern looking house. I put my phone back in my bag and unbuckled Jake, he had fallen asleep on the short ride from the station.

I walked into the house, it was beautiful, wooden floor and it was nicely decorated. As I stepped foot into the house a dog rushed over to us barking.

"Hello Jesse" Brad said, as she jumped onto him.

I carefully took off my shoes and pushed them in to the corner.

"Oh, you don't have to do that!" Anne laughed.

Brad walked me into the front room where a girl older then us was sat and a man, I'm guess Brad's sister and dad. I placed Jake who was still asleep on the sofa.

"This is Lottie." Brad said as we walked into the room.

"Lottie, Natalie, Natalie, Lottie." Brad explained, pointing to me and Natalie.

"It's lovely to meet you, it's good to have another girl around who's around my age!" she smiled.

"Lottie this is my dad." Brad then went on to say.

"Hello Mr Simpson, it's nice to meet you." I said shyly.

"It's Derek." He smiled.

"This is my little brother Jake." I said quietly, pointing to him.