Chapter 9

The sun light began to shine through my closed blinds, I rolled over to look at the time 8.45. I turned over to see Brad still asleep next to me, his arm wrapped around my stomach. I leant over and kissed his forehead, before sliding out from his grasp.

I walked over to Jake's room again poking my head around the room, as I did the door creaked waking him. Before he could cry, I went over to his cot, lifting him out.

"Morning buddy!" I said in my morning voice, I lay him on his changing mat, changing his pull up. I picked him back up and walked back into my room. Mum had already left for work so we didn't have to hid Brad anymore! He was still asleep in the bed, I pulled the covers back and got into bed placing him in-between me and Brad so he didn't fall out.

"Brad, Jake's here." I murmured, before rolling back to sleep.

I woke up to the home phone ringing, I jumped out of bed and ran into the hall way to answer the phone,

L:" Hello"

Caller: "Is Mrs Gregory there?"

L: "Sorry, Mrs Gregory doesn't live here anymore."

Caller: "Oh okay. Sorry dear. Goodbye dear."

I put the phone down and walked back into my room. Jake was now awake, I looked at the time on my phone 9.17, so much for a lie in I sighed. Brad was still asleep so I left him and took Jake downstairs to get some breakfast.

I placed Jake into his booster seat, while I placed 2 slices of bread into the toaster, one for him and one for me. I placed my elbows on the surface and rested my sleepy head onto my hands. I then felt some arms wrap around my waist, shivers again erupted through my body. I turned around to see a tired Brad,

"Morning" his announced in his husky morning voice.

"Do you want some breakfast?" I yawned, while buttering Jake's toast.

Brad opened the fridge and pick out yesterday's pizza, "I'll have some of this." He said with a mouthful of pizza in his mouth.

I went into the living room to find a note mum had left on the coffee table.

Hey hun,

Have a good day today with Jake. I didn't want to wake you this morning you looked so peaceful sleeping.

I'll be home around 9.30. See you then.

Love you

M x

"Shit" the words slipping out of my mouth.

"Language!" Brad gasped, looking over to Jake to see if he had heard. Luckily he was too engrossed with Buzz to hear it!

"Look! Do you think she saw you!" I panicked handing the note to Brad.

"I don't know, it would have been dark when she came in so hopefully she didn't!" He replied pulling me into a hug, releasing me he put both his hands on my cheeks. "and if she did see me I'll just make up an excuse to why I was there, don't worry!" He announced with a smile on his face.

"Stop it, we can't let Jake see us!" I giggled, after what happened yesterday we had to be careful around Jake. Even though he barely sees mum as she's always working, but you never know with him.

I went back into the kitchen, Jake had fallen asleep with a square of toast still in his hand, my toast was now cold, I half ate the last piece before wondering into the living room, where I turned the TV on to the music channel.

After a while I went upstairs, I had a shower and changed into some comfy clothes, I was going to have a lazy day today, I'm still tired from yesterday. I came down to see Brad and Jake playing with his train set.

"Dames" Jake said snatching the train of Brad,

"Er, Jake we don't snatch from our friends do we! What do you say?" I declared, as I walked into the room.

"Sowwy Bad." He said, looking like he was going to cry.

I was surprised how quickly Jake had learnt their names. Brad phone started ringing on the coffee table,

"It's Tris" he said with a worried look on his face,

B: "Hey you alright?"

T: "Where have you been?"

B: "Sorry, I feel asleep last night, I'll be over in a bit."

"They can come over here if they want?" I shouted to Brad as he had now wondered into the kitchen.

B: "Lottie said you can come over here if you like."

T: "Alright, I will tell the boys, we will be round it a bit."

"Do you want to see James" I asked Jake, while he was playing with the trains.

"Dames Dames" he cheered with a big grin on his face.

I got my phone out and called James. I put it on loud speaker and handed it to Jake.

"Say hello" I explained pointing to the phone.

James: "Hey, you alright?"

Jake: "Dames"

James: "Hey buddy, how are you?, I'll coming around to see you in a bit, would you like that?"

Jake: "Yeahh"

Lottie: "Hey it's me, he's run off now."

James: "Aha, alright we will be over in like 5 minutes."

I hung up the phone taking a look in the mirror. I went upstairs and put some concealer and mascara on before going back into the living room.

"Do you need the toilet?" I asked Jake, he was in the middle of being toilet trained and still has the occasional accident.

"Dames" he shouted in anger, he was standing on the sofa in the living room looking out for when James came. Which wasn't quick enough for his liking!

"We can quickly go to the toilet now and when we get back I'm sure he'll be here." I explain offering my hand to help him off the sofa.

We walked to the downstairs toilet where I placed him on the toilet.

The doorbell rung, "I'll get it" Brad shouted.

In came the boys, I finished off with Jake in the toilet and washed both of our hands.

"Good job, mummy's going to be super happy with you!" I explained, giving him a high 5.

"Hey buddy!" James said, as Jake ran towards him, he picked him up and spun him around.

"So where were you last night?" Connor winked.

"Very funny, I feel asleep" Brad replied.

"Course your did!" Connor giggled, teasing Brad.

"Piss off!" Brad muttered, making sure Jake couldn't hear.

I walked over to Brad, he was sitting on the sofa on the opposite side of the room, he had a scowl plastered over his face.

"Ey, what the matter?" I asked pearching on his lap.

"I'm fine!" he snapped,

"Wow, alright then!" I got up and begun to walk off.

Thank you for all the lovely comments, I love reading them all :D

Ooh what do you think is going to happen! Let me know in the comments!

Comment, Vote and Share :D

K x