Chapter 3

I woke up to Jake crying. I rolled over looking at the clock, it was half 5. I went into his room and lifted him out of his cot. I brought him into my bedroom and placed him in bed with me, we both drifted off back to sleep.

"Stop it!" I wined half asleep, Jake had woken again and was now jumping on my bed.

"Jake, stop please, I'm tired." It was now 7.34am.

Jake was never going to get back to sleep now, so we may as well get up, I sighed.

"Shh, we have to be extra quiet, mummy's sleeping." I whispered as we crept downstairs.

I got my phone out, and texted Brad.

Text to Brad the Great:

I'm so tired! Jake woke me at half 5 and again now! I can't wait for today, see you later L x

I put on Toy Story on for Jake while I went to make breakfast, we were both having yoghurt with some chopped up banana. I brought the breakfast into the living room, Jake was laying on the sofa with his blanket wrapped around him.

"JJ, What would you like to drink?" I asked him.

"DUCE!" He shouted.

"Shhh! Mummy's sleeping." I said trying to calm him down.

"Orange juice?"I asked.

"Yeahh!" He replied excitedly.

I went into the kitchen to get him his drink. My phone now buzzing in my pocket.

Text from Brad the Great

Good Morning :) What you both up to? Has your mum gone to work yet? I want to see you :( B x

"Morning guys, have you been up long?" Mum said, as she walked into the living room rubbing her eyes.

"Jake woke at half 5, then came in my bed till half 7, we didn't wake you did we?" I replied.

"Oh, thanks for getting him in the night, no, I needed to get up anyway. I need to have a shower then leave for work." Mum said before going back upstairs.

"There some breakfast if you want it in the kitchen." I shouted up to her.

"Thanks." I heard, as she shut the bathroom door.

I replied to Brad, saying she was leaving in half an hour and I'd see him later.

When mum got out the shower, I went in quickly while she was still here to watch Jake. I got dressed and put some foundation on. I tied my hair in a mess bun and went back downstairs.

"Right I'm off now, I'll see you two later. Here is some money for today, buy yourself lunch. I'll be back around 9.30, I'll see you then. Message me and I'll try get back to you. Bye. Love you." She said, handing me £50 and kissing us both goodbye.

As soon as she left my phone started ringing.

"Roaaarrrr" Jake screamed copying my ring tone.

Picking up my phone, the caller ID showing Brad the Great.

L: "Hey you alright ?"

B: "Yeah, I'm good, I just saw you mums left and i was wondering what time I can come and get you."

As he said this, Jake manager to fall over while dancing in front of the TV hitting his head. He began to scream and cry.

L: "Sorry Brad I got to go, Jake fallen over." I said in a panic

I quickly put the phone down rushing over to Jake. Picking him up and bringing him back to the sofa, I looked at his head, a small red bump was starting to show.

"Shh it's okay Jake!" I said trying to calm him down. Just then the doorbell rang. I picked Jake up walking to the front door. My hair a mess and I only have half my make up on. I opened the door to find a worried Brad standing at the door catching his breath.

"Is he ok?" He panted.

"Oh my goodness! Brad, excuse me I look a mess." I said embarrassingly.

"He's got a little bump, by any chance does Tristan have an ice pack? All of ours are defrosted." I asked while still comforting Jake.

"I'll go and check, if not I'll find something." He said rushing back off to Tristan's. I pulled the door up and walked back into the living room. Placing Jake's blanket on him with his Buzz Lightyear toy.

Brad rushed back into the room this time with James.

"Hey buddy! You ok?" James said, sitting next to Jake on the sofa.

"We didn't have an ice pack, but we had some frozen peas!" Brad said, still wrapping them into a tea towel.

"Thank you." I replied taking the peas and placing them on his head.

"It's ok, Jake. I know it's cold, just a little longer." I said, trying to stop him moving.

"Wow! Look at you Buzz toy! It's so cool! To Infinity and Beyond," James said, while pretending to fly with Buzz. Jake started to giggle. I took the peas off his head, the bump had now starting to go down.

"Is it okay if you stay with him for like 5 minutes, while I get ready?" I asked, as I went to get him a cracker,

"Yh course we will. We love playing with you!" James said to Jake, in reply to me, while still playing with Buzz and Woody.

I rushed upstairs straightening my hair, also doing the last of my makeup as quickly as possible.

"What am I going to need for the beach?" I shouted down to the boys. I could now hear Tristan and Connor were now here.

"Towel for you both, beach clothes that it I guess." Tristan shouted up.

I got a beach bag from the cupboard and threw in 2 beach towels and Jake's swimming trunks. I had already put my bikini on under my tank top and shorts. I then found the sun cream and both our sunglasses, placing them into the bag. I picked up Jake's changing bag and brought it all downstairs. Bringing Jake's bag into the kitchen I filled it up with some drink and snacks for Jake encase he got hungry.

"Right, I think I'm ready." I said walking back into the living room handing Jake his Bob the Builder sunglasses.

"Wow! Cool dude!" James said helping Jake put on his glasses.

Brad walked over to me and whispered into my ear, "You look beautiful."

My cheeks started to blush, but I trying to cover it. I walked back into the hallway and then back upstair. Checking I had everything in my hand bag. I could hear someone coming up the stairs, I turned around to see Brad standing behind me.

"Where did you go?" He moped, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Stop! We can't let Jake see us like this. He won't shut up about us! I just needed to get my handbag" I said smiling placing my hands on to his.

"Come on love birds!" Tristan shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Love birds" Jake copied.

"Oh my gosh! Tristan look what you've done now!" I laughed.

"Love birds" Jake repeated!

"We are going to have this all day now!" I sighed, as I walked downstairs, I put Jake's bag on his back and picked up my hand bag. As I went to pick up the beach bag, Brad beat me to it.

"I'll take that." He said, without even allowing me to do anything about it.

"I'm just going to put the peas in your freezer," James said, while walking into the kitchen.

"Jake, come here, let me look at your head" I said bending down to his level. The bump was nearly gone, but it was a little red still.

"All gone!" Jake said rubbing his head, on the opposite side to where he got hit!

I hope you like HWTO so far,

Vote, Comment and Share :)

K x