Chapter 18- You Only Live Once

When we finally walked in, almost everyone in sight was tipsy.

A group of guys were doing body shots off of 'Mrs.Concon' on the dining room table, much to my distaste. A mass of people were dancing in the living room, the loud music booming from the speakers and shaking the whole house. I could just make out Jerry's blond head from behind a large group of barely dressed teenage girls, across the room.

Alex was nowhere in sight, no doubt off in search of alcohol. Lilly on the other hand, looked suspiciously flirty as she talked to Tom on the plush leather sofa.

I stopped short in the doorway, not quite ready to go in. Girls were glaring daggers at me, and boys were giving me looks that made my skin crawl.

Conner walked in looking completely at ease, dragging me behind him. We stopped in the kitchen, where we found Alex holding two beers in each hand. I gave her a stern look that said 'if you get drunk and pass out I'm leaving you here'.

She rolled her eyes sarcastically at me. "Yeah, cause I'm the only one who drinks underage here.These aren't even for me!" She called over her shoulder as she headed for the living room. "Well, I'm off to go interrupt the love fest on the couch. Later!"

And with that she strutted across the room, the gaze of every guy following her closely.

When I turned back around, Conner was already pulling out the shot glasses. I was never too much of a drinker, but at parties I allowed myself at least a couple of shots.

He slipped out a bottle of alcohol, and I didn't even bother to read the label. He poured the clear liquid into the glasses and handed me the smaller one, trying to pretend that he didn't notice. I raised the glass to my lips, quickly swallowing the drink and feeling the familiar burning sensation in the back of my throat.

"Much better." I said breathily. Conner had already drank his, and was smirking in silent agreement beside me.

"Selena?"

I whipped my head around to see a surprised looking Travis. He looked much more casual than normal, wearing a neat button up shirt and jeans. His normal perfectly styled blond hair was messier than usual, like it had been when he had caught me sneaking across his lawn.

He looked hot!

"Hey Britt! Care to join us for a drink?" I smiled flirtatiously as the alcohol started to kick in. Conner turned his head away, and I knew he was secretly biting his tongue to keep from starting conflict.

Travis shrugged. "No thank you. I'm not much of a, uhhh, drinker."

Conner snorted, turning back around. "As in, you've never drank anything stronger than grape juice."

"Con!" I frowned at him, giving him a stern look. "Play nice."

"No." Travis brushed it off easily. "He's right."

I couldn't say I was too surprised. He was a proper white boy with a previously non-exsistant social life.

"Well," I drawled out, a smile growing on my lips. "We're just going to have to fix that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my fifth drink with Travis, I noticed that Conner had disappeared.

I wasn't too concerned, he was probably just picking up a girl, not that he would have to try very hard. I may have been relatively drunk, but I could still see the way girls look at him.

All traces of nerves had vanished from my body, probably due to all the alcohol I had consumed.

Travis was doing surprising well for his first party with drinking, showing no signs of throwing up any time soon. "So we drank a lot. Now what do we do?"