Chapter 10- The Trouble with Family

"Hello?"

"Five more minutes." I mumbled as I snuggled closer to Conner, who was still sleeping peacefully beside me.

"Conner?" Sam called, and I vaguely heard the front door shut close. "Dude, you left your front door unlocked!"

I bolted awake, recalling the events of last night. Me sneaking out, Travis catching me, Conner's arms pulling me close as I fell asleep.

Ohhh, crap.

I sat up, looking around and remembering that I was in Conner's room.

In his bed.

Right next to him.

I could hear Sam walking up the steps, about to enter the hallway. Moving quickly, I gripped the edge of the bed, before shoving Conner onto the floor with my feet.

He immediately woke up of course, seeing as I had just shoved him onto the ground while he was asleep. But before he could speak, I threw a pillow at him and pointed to the doorway, where Sam was just stopping outside.

As if he had read my mind, he laid down on the floor, hugging the pillow and closing his eyes. I threw the covers over my shoulders and laid back down, shutting my eyes and trying to look relaxed, even though I was far from it.

I had trouble not laughing when I heard Conner snore loudly, and I could almost imagine him cuddled with his pillow, his mouth wide open.

The door creaked open. "Conner? Hey man, have you seen Sel-" He stopped as he took in our sleeping figures. "Oh. Never mind."

I opened my eyes, trying to look like I had just woken up. As I stretched my arms, Conner sat up and ran a hand through his hair, making it look even hotter than before.

"Hey Sam." He said casually, adding a yawn for extra effect. "What's up?"

He walked all the way in, stopping to look down at Conner curiously. "Oh, I was just looking for Sellbells. But I see that she must have crashed here last night."

"Oh, right." He yawned again, no doubt pushing his luck.

"Why are you on the floor?" Sam asked, looking confused.

Conner shrugged. "Ohh, ummmm... The floor is comfy. I always sleep on the floor."

I had to cough to hide my laughter. Conner sent me a quick glare, but Sam seemed to buy it. "Ok. Well you better hurry. Stanton's making breakfast."

My eyes widened at him in horror before he walked out. I jumped out of bed, all but running towards the door. Conner was scrambling behind me, struggling to run while putting on a shirt.

Stanton+cooking= chaos.

This kind of math didn't confuse me in the least. All I knew was that I had to get home before it went up in flames.

We ran out the front door, not even bothering to lock it as we sprinted across the lawn. I was in such a rush, that I didn't see the sprinkler before I tripped. I hurtled to the ground, making my still sore arms and legs sting even more. Ahead of me, Conner skidded to a stop, running back to me.

"Selena! You have to get up!"

I put a hand to my forehead. "I can't! Go on without me!"

"I'm not leaving you!"

"You have to!" I looked up at him, trying not to smile. "Save Sandy! Before it's too late!"

"No one gets left behind!" He stated, completely serious. He lifted me up, carrying me bridal style before sprinting the rest of the way to the house.