Chapter 25- Exposed

"Conner?!"

My head jerked back at the sound of the voice in the doorway, my fists clenching as I slowly turned my head to see the speaker.

My eyes widened as I saw them. I opened my mouth to speak, but Conner beat me to the punch.

"Alex!"

The fiery red head looked absolutely shell shocked, her green eyes so wide I was afraid that they would fall right out.

"Oh my god! Oh my god, oh my god! Tom! Are you seeing what I'm seeing, or have I finally lost it?" She said, not taking her gaze off of me and Conner.

Tom shifted on his feet next to her, his gaze looking down at the ground.

"Tom?" Alex turned to him after he didn't respond.

"Errrr, well...."

"Don't tell me you knew before I did!"

"Well Jerry and I-" Tom started, looking guilty.

"What?!" She turned to me, marching angrily up to my bedside. "You told blond and blonder before your best friends?!"

"Hey!" Tom complained.

"Shut it blonder! Well?" She stared at me expectantly.

I gulped. "Well what?"

She rolled her eyes at me. "How long?"

I turned to Conner, and he gave me an encouraging nod, an amused look in his eye. He was actually entertained by watching me get yelled at!

Oh he was so going to get it.

"A year and a half." The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"A year and a half?! Well I expected you two to fall in love eventually, but you're so oblivious I hadn't expected this for at least another year!" She crossed her hands over her chest grumpily, and I saw Tom crack a smile at her theatrics.

"And why wasn't I informed of you two dating?" She went on.

Conner and I shared a glance. I silently begged him with my eyes to explain, unwilling to be beaten to death with a whatever was in the room.

"Errr, well, thet's just it." Conner cleared his throat. "We only just started dating."

The room became silent as Alex processed his words. But all to soon, the confusion on her face vanished as she understood.

"No. Freaking. Way."

I gulped again, preparing myself to die.

"Selena you naughty girl!"

My jaw dropped, and the guys started to laugh hysterically. I should have expected this from her. After all, this was the same Alex that had me wasted and pole dancing at a party.

"Wow! You got with that hot ass of a boy- no offence." She winked playfully at Conner.

"None taken." He shrugged.

"And didn't tell me all the yummy details!" She continued, a gleam in her eyes.

"Alex!" My cheeks reddened, and Tom was now laughing so hard that he was brought down to his knees.

"So? How was he? Is he as good as everyone thinks?" She came to sit next to me on my bed, looking at me expectantly like a child waiting to be told a bedtime story.

"Oh my god this is so not happening." I buried my face in my hands.

"What is so not happening?"

At the sound of a new voice, everyone froze. Tom immediately shot to his feet as Lilly walked into the room, looking at us questioningly.

"Nothing!" Alex and I answered together.

She looked at us suspiciously, and for a moment I thought that she might dig deeper until Tom wrapped her in his arms.

Her face automatically brightened, and her smile was so brilliant that it was almost blinding me. "Hi Tom."

"Hi Lillypad." He smiled back goofily, earning a giggle from her.

"Ugh. Kill me now." Alex int erupted them, pretending to gag. Lilly only rolled her eyes.

Alex turned to me. "They've been all loveydovey since the party. It's sickening."

Conner chuckled, making my heart involuntarily skip a beat. That boy would seriously be the death of me.

"Jealous?" Tom teased her, his arms still around Lilly's waist.

"As if." Alex snorted. "I can still have hot hate sex with random strangers."

"Umm is this a bad time?" A doctor walked in, a clipboard in hand. He must have heard Alex's proclamation though, because he was looking at her like she was crazy.

"Uhhhh, no sir." Conner chimed in, still smiling from Alex's words. "We were just leaving."

Alex hopped off my bed, her cheeks flushed pink as the doctor eyes her. As she hurried to the door, he stopped her with a hand on her arm.

"There is a better way." He told her, looking sympathetic.

Lilly burst out laughing as Alex wrenched her arm away and sprinted out of the room at full speed. That was probably the fastest I've ever seen her run!

Tom guided Lilly out after her, Lilly still laughing. She was never going to let that one go.

Conner gave me a small peck on the cheek, before giving me a dazzling smile and making his way to the exit. "See you later S."

The doctor turned back to me, looking disappointed and muttering to himself. "Kids these days."

He had no idea.

"So Miss Rider." He smiled at me, pushing up his glasses. "I have good news. Your recovery has gone splendidly! And though you won't be fully healed for months, you will be free to go home by this evening."

I almost couldn't contain the smile that broke onto my face. I could leave this wretched prison!!!

"However. You should not be participating in any drastic physical activity-" I could definitely handle that. "including sexually activity."

That was going to be more of a challenge.

If I thought Conner had been delicious before I knew he was on love with me, I was going to have some serious trouble keeping my hands off him now that we were dating.

-----(--------)-----

Tada!

Sorry for the wait! But I have bad news.

School.

It starts on Monday.

Noooooooo!

Which means, I will probably have even less free time to spare than usual. But fear not! I will not surrender so easily.

Tell me watcha think!