Chapter 9- The Young and the Restless

I immediately jumped out of Conner's arms, trying to ignore the sudden pain in my currently bleeding legs. I felt my face turn an unflattering shade of red as two of my brothers three brothers gave me and Conner a suspicious and embarrassingly overprotective look. 

I swear, Conner gives me the exact same look when I'm around other guys.

Sam and Stanton looked exactly the same as they had the last time I had seen them, brown hair and the family blue eyes that made me completely jealous. Compared to me, they still towered over me, which I totally hated. They were my older twin brothers, fraternal of course, who have been teasing the hell out of me practically since I was born.

Sandy was currently bouncing on the sofa, an exited smile stretched acroos his entire face. He was also a brunette with baby blue eyes, though he was much younger than the rest of us. He was only six, and so far was the only person in our family who wasn't abnormally tall, except me.

Yet another family trait I had been excluded from.

My dad had sent them off to the all boys boarding school that he had attended as a child, and apparently they had just arrived, because they were all still in their dorky uniforms. I giggled when I saw Stanton in his tie. Mom had been trying for years to get him to wear a tie, and had failed miserably. Only the strict school dress code had forced him into finally wearing one.

"Sam! Stanton! Sandy! You're-you're here!" I limped forward straight into a crushing group hug, wincing slightly as my arms stung.

"Sellbells!" Sam laughed, snatching me away from my other brothers and lifting me off the ground, crushing me in a bear hug that nearly broke my ribcage. I grimaced at the twins nickname for me, slightly disappointed that they hadn't forgotten to call me that. "I missed you so mu- why are you bleeding?"

When he put me down, Stanton was immediately looking over my wounds with a frown on his face. It was funny to think that they had constantly teased me as a child, and yet they still went all mother-hen when I was hurt.

"I fell walking up the driveway." They sighed, as if that explained everything.

I guess they just knew me to well.

"We've been here for ten minutes and you've already injured yourself." Stanton shook his head at me disapprovingly, but I could see from his grin that he was joking.

"Selina!" Sandy moved to squeeze me, just barely reaching my waist. He looked up at me with his humungeous blue eyes, and I ruffled his hair, grinning like a crazy person.

"Hey Sandman." I smiled and picked him up, carrying him on my hip while he giggled adorably.

"Conner! Long time no see, huh man?" Sam and Stanton did that weird man-shake-hug-thingy that I can't really describe with Conner,  who looked genuinely happy to see them. They had always been friends, and I was sure that if it hadn't been for Conner, I probably would have been left out and lonely as a child.

My older brothers were only a year older, so they were seniors this year. I was surprised to discover that Mom had even decided to have more kids after the fearsome twins. My mom was always telling stories of how evil my brothers were, and I for one completely agreed. When I was seven, they had managed to cut off all of my hair with safety scissors, while I was sleeping. After that, Mom had hidden all the sharp objects in the house in the attic.

We literally had to eat everything with a spoon for an entire year.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, slightly curious if they had finally managed to get expelled.

"Well," Sam exchanged a glance with Stanton, "Apparently, someone blew up the entire science building. So we all got to leave school for the year a little early!"