Chapter 3- New Guy

Watching a bunch of sweaty teenage boys run across a field, rather aggressively kicking a ball, was not exactly my idea of fun on a Friday afternoon.

Don't get me wrong, I loved watching Conner cheer like a lunatic when he made a goal, and his team mates were totally hot, but I was so bored I was seriously considering starting my math homework.

But unfortunately, Conner was my ride home. So unless I waited for his soccer practice to end, it was gonna be a long walk.

And for those of you who haven't already figured out, I'm not much of a walker.

I was just about to pull out my math homework, when someone sat next to me.

I looked up to come face-to-face with the hot new kid, who had been the main topic of discussion for everyone during lunch.

And though he wasn't nearly as drool worthy as my best friend, he was really attractive.

His blond hair was slightly tousled, and he had those sharp angles in his face that girls went crazy over. He had murky grey eyes with thick lashes, and a nice smile with shiny white teeth. And get this, he was even wearing a button up shirt.

Everything about him practically screamed foriegn exchange student.

"Hey there." He gave me a charming smile, with a slight English accent that definitely would have worked on most girls. But he was about to find out that I was not like most girls.

"Uhhh. Hey. Can I help you?" I tried to act casual, even though I could already feel myself start to get annoyed. I really hated it when random guys came up to hit on me.

He shrugged. "Just watching the game. I love football."

I gave him a weird look. "This," I waved to the field full of running boys. "is called soccer. Allow me to formally welcome you to America, Brit."

He chuckled. "You're cute. But my name's Travis."

"Well 'Travis'." I quoted his name with my fingers. "I'm Selena. And may I ask, why, exactly, are you watching soccer with me?"

He shrugged, looking back over the field nonchalantly. "Cause I was bored, and I have nothing better to do."

"And?"

"And, I saw you sitting over here by yourself, also bored, and thought, 'Hey! Why don't we be bored, together?!'." He answered, rolling his eyes dramatically. "Duh."

Even I had to crack a smile at that. He wasn't as much of a knob as he looked, I'd give him that.

But then, soccer practice ended, and we were drowned in the smell of sweat and grass. Neither were particularly apealing. I held my nose as the team walked over to us, trying not to notice a few look at me rather inappropriately.

Conner jogged over to me, his dark hair sticking to his forehead with sweat. Before I could protest, he gave me a dazzling smile, shot Travis a suspicious look, and wrapped me in a sweaty hug.

"Ewww! Con!" I complained, trying to struggle away from his grip.

He laughed at me, lifting his face up to bathe in the afternoon sunlight. I couldn't help but admire how shadows were casted quite attractively over the planes of his face.

"What? I thought you liked my sweat." He raised his eyebrows suggestively, and I felt my face grow pink, realizing the deeper meaning in his words.

"Perve." I shot back at him, burying my pink face in the crook of his neck and out of sight.

He snorted, before leaning over to whisper in my ear. "Who's he?" I looked up to see his green eyes flicker over to where Travis was still sitting, watching us with curious eyes.