Chapter 7- Complications

Sorry it took so long, my computer magically deleted the chapter I had written :/

NOT COOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, this is such a buzz-kill."

Ignoring him, I shifted on the bed, moving to snuggle closer to him.

"You have no idea how turned on I was. I was so looking forward to tonight, and you totally just let me down."

I didn't have to look up at his face to know that he was pouting.

"I mean, you dragged me up the stairs, all sexy and in charge. It was a total turn on. And now," I felt him shake his head. "This. I'm rather disappointed with you."

I held back the smile threatening to appear on my face, still looking at the tv. Sighing, he reluctantly curled his arm around my waist. I happily burrowed my face in his shoulder, not breaking my gaze from the screen.

We were watching the best movie of all time, which also happened to be Conner's least favorite movie that he hated with a burning passion.

The Notebook.

This was probably the ninety-seventh time we had watched it since Conner had gotten it for me last Christmas.

And I'm pretty sure he was in physical pain right now.

"Come on S." He groaned. "No more!"

I shushed him, still staring at the screen with tears forming in my eyes.

 "S!" He whined like a two year old. "I get that you like it, but watching it more than three times a day is just plain unhealthy."

I barely heard him as I focused on the two characters, who were passionately confessing their love to each other in the middle of a rainstorm.

"Selena! Can you even hear me?" He waved a hand in front of my face. "Wait, are you crying?"

I only sniffed in response.

"You've seen this movie dozens of times before! You already have the entire thing memorized! How can you be crying?"

I barely heard him. The two lovers ran at each other, clinging to the other needfully, and ever so tenderly kissing.

I was about to sob, when the tv click off.

I turned to Conner, who was just putting down the remote on the nightstand. "Hey! That was the best part!"

He rolled his eyes at me.

"I think that's enough 'The Notebook' time for today."

"I was watching that!"

"And you were crying." He agreed.

I crossed my arms over my chest stubbornly. "You probably only turned it off because you didn't want to cry in front of a girl."

"Oh believe me, I was crying on the inside. Just not for the same reasons as you."

I glared at him. Only he could ruin 'The Notebook' for me. I had been obsessed with it since it had come out, and up until now I hadn't had a problem with watching it over and over until I went blind. But Conner was my best friend, and annoyingly enough, if he had a problem with it, I automatically was forced to empathize.

Having a best friends could be such a hassle.

"Fine." I pouted. "No more until next week. But honestly, if you hate it so much, why do you watch it with me?"