Off the Hook...or Nah!

Niall's POV

Anger just pulsed through me. I grit my teeth and continued to pace the room, muttering angry words under my breath.

 "Ni, calm down. You promised you wouldn't let it get to you." Liam begged.

I shook my head, my nostrils flared in anger. "No! They took it way too far!" I protested, clenching my hands into fists.

Liam sighed and shook his head. "You were the one who was madly in love with Liz, and then you tried to punch her. That'll really win her over." Liam gave up on me and sat down on the couch with a huff.

I stopped dead in my tracks. "How did you know?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously. "Not that it's true, or anything." I muttered.

Liam let out a snort. "Please. I blind man could tell you were in love with her."

I really wasn't in the mood. I gritted my teeth together. "How Liam?" I growled.

Liam looked a little startled by how sharp and angry my voice was. He ducked his head. "I heard you and Lou talking." He muttered.

I was relaxed a little bit, glad that I wasn't being too obvious. "So,  why didn't you tell me you knew?" My voice was shaking as I tried to keep it calm.

Liam looked at me, his eyes pained. "I figured that there was a reason why you didn't tell me."

"Well....yeah." I mumbled, feeling a little guilty. Liam and I have one of the best friendships. "You probably would pull me away from Liz. But I did that myself." And I sat on the ground pulling my knees up to my chest.

Liam sat down next to me. "I probably would have because the tour hasn't even started, and you're trying to fall in love." He put an arm around me. "But lucky you, you scared her away."

I shoved his arm off of me. "How does that make me lucky? Liam, I really love her!" I whined.

"How do you know, Ni? You've barely even known her." Liam asked, his voice calm, but his eyes fierce.

I let out a frustrated groan and stood up and began pacing. "Look at this! If we hadn't of agreed of this tour, none of this wouldn't have happened." I made a fist, looking for something to slam it into.

"No! If you hadn't of jumped to conclusions of loving Liz, none of this would have happened." Liam said fiercely.

 "This is what I mean. I hate Megan and Liz!" The words flew out of my mouth before I even knew I was saying them.

Liam's eyes were wide with horror, but they weren't looking at me. They were looking at something behind me. I spun around, just to see Liz running back down the hall, but Megan was standing there with her arms crossed, glaring at me.

"I hate you too, Niall Horan." She spat at me.

"Now wait a moment. Let's not get angry here." Liam cried, his voice desperate to stop the fight that was brewing in the air.

"How can I not be angry, Liam? Liz is probably crying her eyes out again. Do you know how scared she was? Niall tried to hit her." Megan cried, her voice now at an angry hysterical.

"One minute! You're on in one more minute!" A worker cried, running backstage to tell us.

Megan spun on her heels and stalked down the hall back towards Liz.

Liam came and slapped me upside the head. "Are you happy now?" He roared.

I felt guilt wash over me. "That's a song of theirs'." I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes.