Cinderella

So for the next week that's how it went. Kian and I didn't talk other than when necessary and I did everything in my power to avoid him and the wicked witch. We didn't talk about what would happen when Trevor arrived, and I was fine with that. I didn't want to have that conversation with him. I didn't want to hear him officially say he would rather sleep in the car or in the same room as his mother than with me. But it was definitely implied considering he didn't step foot in my room the entire week.

I rubbed my eyelids and slammed my hand down on my alarm clock. Why's it still blaring? I sat up and opened my eyes. It wasn't the alarm clock. It was the witch screeching downstairs. I wonder what's in her kibble this morning. I get out of bed and pull some clothes on before grabbing my phone to see where Jc and Connor plan to hide today. I was surprised when my phone started ringing with a phone call but I answered it anyway.

"What's up?"

"I'm downstairs, hiding in the bathroom. I made the mistake of telling her I didn't have anything to do today and I need you to come save me."

"How?"

"Make a very loud announcement that you need me to come with you to meet Trevor."

"We're meeting him somewhere?"

"We weren't supposed to but I've already texted him and offered to buy him lunch if he meets us at Panera."

"Alright, I'm on my way downstairs now."

"Wait! Do you wanna invite Kian?" I peek around the door-frame into the kitchen. Kian is sweeping the floor with a forlorn expression, but when he sees me it snaps back to a blank expression. I see Margaret enter the kitchen from the other door and quickly slink out of the doorway.

"Nah, he wouldn't come anyway. Probably for the best, I don't think I want her alone in our house."

"Alright, announce now and I'll come charging out of the bathroom." 

"Charging out of the bathroom?"

"Just hurry up."

"Wow! I wish someone would come with me to pick up Trevor Moran!" I yelled, overly obvious and overly loud. Connor came running from around the corner already fully dressed with shoes and everything.

"I have missed Trevor so much! It'd be a grave disappointment not to see him as soon as you do! I'll go with you!" Connor yelled, grabbing my arm and dragging me toward the front door. As we pass the kitchen door I sneak a glance in and see Kian sitting on the floor with his face in his palms. Oh no. He's crying. Fuck.

"Connor, I can't do this." I whisper. Connor turns to me with huge puppy-dog eyes.

"Why not?"

"Something's wrong with Kian and-"

"Well duh, he was born into a family of trolls." I cover Connor's mouth and shush him.

"Shut-up or I'll make you stay here too. Here are the keys, don't you dare get a scratch on it. Now get out of here before I change my mind!" Connor was out the door in the blink of an eye and I was left there. My first day in the house with the monster since the day she'd arrived. I was honestly terrified.

I walked into the kitchen with my hands in my pocket and seen Kian still crumpled on the floor.

"Hey Cinderella, what's wrong?" Kian snapped his head up to look at me and it broke my heart to see how red and puffy his eyes were.

"Oh you know, I lost my gold slipper."

"I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be glass." I mumble, kneeling beside him and wiping some of the tears off his face.

"Why are you still here?" He mumbled looking away from me. I sigh.

"Turns out there are a few things that matter more to me than my sanity. I guess you're one of them." He grins at the floor before looking over at me.

"She's not that bad." I raise my eyebrows and he snickers.

"Okay, so maybe she is." He mumbles as I pull him into a hug. I can tell he's uncomfortable and nervous, but he doesn't try to push me away this time.

"So, what's on the slave schedule today?"

"Washing all the walls and floors, building Wishbone a kennel, and cleaning out the garage." I cringe. Oh god, why did I have to choose to stay home on the day of cleaning out the garage? 

"Where's the beast?" He rolls his eyes but interlocks his fingers with mine shyly.

"She's upstairs washing my bedrooms walls first. She'll be back soon enough though." I take his face in my hands and give him a quick peck on the lips. He's blushing and looking at the doors like she might walk in any second and curse him, but he's still smiling.

"I missed you." I whisper, pulling him in for another kiss, this one lasting thirty seconds before he pushes me away.

"I guess I could have lived with seeing you a bit more the past few days as well." I rolled my eyes and got to my feet.

"Jc doesn't want Wish to have a kennel. He'll be mad at you." I reached down to pull him to his feet.

"He already hates me."

"No, he hates your mother. You can be two separate beings, you know." He nodded but I got the feeling he still didn't quite get it.

"She wants me to go to church tomorrow. She thinks that 'God' is going to punish me just for being associated with you sinners."

"Well, we are pretty evil characters." I laugh, dragging him toward the garage by the arm. I would've held his hand but I knew he'd get too nervous then.

"Thanks for staying today, Ricky. The last week was hard enough on it's own without having to worry about what's going on between us." I stop walking and turn to face him. Poor Kian, I should have been more lenient with him. He can't change the way he was raised. A horrible mother is the best mother he knows. 

"Don't worry, Cinderella, your prince has returned." I cooed, bowing to him. He chuckles and shoves me.

"Stop being a goof. Come on." He says, grabbing my hand and running to the garage. He grabbed my hand, not my arm. I guess I might matter more to him than the old witch.

A/N: I put these two chapters together because they were crazy short, which means there's only 4 chapters left, one of which is just a smut scene...

BUT I do intend to write another Rickian fanfiction, with longer chapters and a better plot soon, so if you're interested in that you can follow me :3