A Living Hell

The entire drive to the venue Kian and I talked. It wasn't about anything in particular just a little bit of everything. When we finally pulled in and he fell silent I sighed. I didn't expect him to be quite as forward about our 'date' now that we were on the same property as Andrea.

"There's a lot of cars here." Kian said as he pulled up to the valet.

"Good afternoon gentlemen, may I park your vehicle for you?" He asked cheerfully. Kian and I exchanged glances and he nodded.

"Yes, that'd be wonderful." Kian said, passing him the keys. I reached for my door and Kian slapped my hand.

"Wait until I get it. What are you some sort of independent woman?" He laughed at his own attempt at a joke and got out. Once he'd opened my door he took my hand. The valet paid no attention so that was relieving. One of my worries was that we'd run into a homophobe and Kian would be too upset to continue with our date.

"So, what do you plan to do when we run into Andrea? Are you gonna stop holding my hand?" I whisper as I watch him scan the main entrance. He shook his head.

"I'll just say we didn't want to get separated, there are a lot of people here after all." Clever. It did seem Kian had really thought this through. When he finally spotted Andrea his eyes lit up in a way I knew I'd never see them do for me. It quickly broke my good mood and I broke our hands apart.

"What?" Kian asked, concern showing in his voice. Or maybe it was fake concern, it's hard to tell.

"I don't want to be the reason your date with Andrea doesn't go well. You can make up for it when she's not around." I say, trying my hardest to make my smile realistic. He must have bought it because he smiled back just before Andrea ran up to him and pulled him into a hug.

"It's been a living Hell without you." She whispered into the embrace. I bit my tongue to keep from saying anything mean, for Kian's sake.

"I missed you too." Kian whispered back. I could hear the love in his voice and it ate away at me. How selfish could I be?

"Let's go sit down!" Andrea said, making sure to look at Kian and not me. It would seem she was the one pretending I wasn't even there. When we got to the table I took note of the way Kian pulled out Andrea's chair and then sat down. I went to pull out my own but Kian pushed it out with his foot first.

"Sit down." He said, looking up at me cutely. I gave a real smile and sat down. Shortly after I could feel Kian and Andrea playing footsies under the table and clenched my jaw. I scanned the room for anything to distract me from how romantic they were acting. I flinched when I felt Kian's hand on my thigh. I looked over at him subtly. He was still locked eyes with Andrea but he gave a little smirk to let me know he noticed me. His hand started travelling further up my leg and I grabbed it and squeezed. He grinned at Andrea but I knew it was meant for me. I intertwined our fingers without looking in his direction and tried to hide my smile.

"Hello, are you all ready to order?" An older waitress asked. Kian nodded.

"Yes, I'll have the steak and mashed potatoes. And for the lady she'll have a caesar salad."

"Alright, great." The waitress was smiling at how gentlemanly Kian was with Andrea and I frowned. 

"And you?" I started to speak but Kian talked over me.

"He'll have the hamburger and fries. And we'll all have water to drink." The girl wrinkled her brow but went off to get our meals regardless.

"That was weird, can't Ricky order for himself?" Andrea asked, a judgmental look plastered on her face. Kian laughed.

"Well he probably could have but I figured I could say it faster than him."

"Why are you so concerned about time?" Andrea asked, looking back and forth between us. Surely Kian hadn't prepared for this.

"Because the quicker she left the more time I got to spend alone with you. Well, minus Ricky." He said, looking at me tauntingly. I stuck my tongue out at him and squeezed his hand I still held. Andrea gave a beaming smile, obviously pleased with his answer just because it was a compliment.

A/N: ahh, Rickian feels. I've noticed we are awfully close to 200 votes so would everyone mind voting it up? I'll update the next chapter AS SOON as we get to 200. 

Also are there any requests for my next fanfiction? I'm thinking a Tyler and Connor (Cyler) or a Troyler, but I'm open to anything if it gets requested!