Anything for you

"So, have you talked to Andrea?" I wanted him to say no as bad as that is. He's my friend and I should want him to be happy but I couldn't bring myself to accept him marrying Andrea.

"I texted her a few times now but she's ignoring me. It's weird because I thought she'd be the one apologizing to me but somehow I'm in the wrong here. I miss her so much already, I don't know what I'll do if we don't make up." He said, his voice faltering at the end. A simple yes or no answer would have sufficed Kian. Hearing how you feel only makes me feel worse for not supporting you.

"Oh." I mumbled for lack of anything else to say. Well, anything nice to say anyway. He pulled into Jamba Juice and stopped the car but grabbed my arm before I got out. I shut the door again and looked over at him.

"What?"

"Ricky, I know this is a lot to ask and if you don't want to I'm completely okay with that. But if you'd come with me to apologize to Andrea and apologize to her too it'd mean the world to me." He said, squeezing my arm and giving a hopeful smile. So that's why he couldn't bring Jc. I didn't know how to respond. He was basically asking me for my blessing for them to get back together. Every fiber of my being wanted to say no. Okay, that's a lie or I would have said no. My heart didn't want to say no. My heart was all for anything to make Kian happy. And that was when I came to the realization I had feelings for Kian. Hell, not just feelings I was full blown in love with Kian. I'd always passed it off as brotherly love but looking into his pleading, heartbroken eyes right now I knew it wasn't. 

"Sure." I coughed, suddenly choking on my own spit. No, this feels so wrong. 

"Ricky? You okay?" Kian asked, reaching over and trying to get me to look at him. I swatted his hand away.

"I'm fine," *cough* "I think I must have caught something yesterday." I said, brushing off the fact my heart was in my throat as a common cold. Oh, and I wasn't crying my eyes were just watering. A lot.

"Alright, if you say so. Thanks again though Ricky, I'm glad you're being so mature about all this. Just put the whole Andrea thing behind you." He said, getting out and leaving me there to try and choke back the tears. God, how I would love to leave the whole Andrea thing behind me.

When I finally joined Kian inside I'd mostly hidden any sign of crying. He looked up at me and flashed a dazzling smile.

"I thought you must have stood me up." He said, pushing out my chair with his feet. How had I not realized my feelings sooner? I wonder if anyone else has realized. I hope not, I really hope not.

"I debated it." I joked, sitting down and giving him a smile back. Well, I hope it looked like a convincing smile.

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't want to go get some Tylenol or anything? You look pretty bad." Kian said, looking at me concerned. I shook my head. Not unless Tylenol can cure broken hearts, buddy.

"Okay, if you say so. I already ordered and paid for your drink. It's the least I can do seeing as you're being so great about all of this. You're defnitely going to be the best man at my wedding." His wedding. It felt like the word had stabbed me in the chest. Surely the wedding wouldn't be for a while yet? I mean he hadn't even proposed yet. Maybe by the time they have it I'll be over him. Or at least be able to shadow my emotions better.

"Here you are boys." The waitress said, placing a familiar looking drink in front of me. I gave a little smile.

"Your favorite, right?" Kian asked kicking my foot. I nodded without looking up and took a sip. I didn't want the entire time to be awkward and silent but it was. We didn't exchange a single word from the time we got our drinks to the time we left the building. We got in the car and Kian turned on the heat before I even had time to start rubbing my hands together.

"Because you're a wuss." He laughed, pointing to the heater. I gave a pathetic smile and leaned back in my seat. I closed my eyes and begun waiting for the inevitable. We were on our way to Andrea's. 

A/N: Vote/Comment please! DO IT FOR RICKIAN!