He hates me

We were pulling into our driveway and Kian still hadn't said anything. I was chewing on my lip something awful, but I couldn't stop. It was so awkward. I parked the car and turned to Kian.

"Kian, please, just hear me out. I'm-" Kian slapped his hand over my mouth.

"Ricky, I can't do this right now. All I see when I look at you is how badly I've fucked up." 

"So you really do think it's my fault? It's Andrea's fault, she's the bitch who cheated on you! God, Kian, sometimes you are so naive!" He shook his head in disbelief and glared over at me.

"Wow, I should have believed her when she said all that shit. You really were trying to break us up. While here you fucking go, Ricky, you finally got your way. But you can count me out of any plans you had for the newly single me though, because going bar-hopping with your sorry ass is the last thing I want to do."

I couldn't tell if I was closer to breaking down in tears or punching him. I never got to find out though because he just got out of the car and slammed the door behind him. I sunk my face into my hands and for the second time that day, I was left crying in the car after Kian left.

After I'd pulled myself together I walked into the house. I jogged straight up to my room and slunk down onto my futon. I looked over at Buns and smiled. 

"At least you're having a good day." I whispered, closing my eyes. I was almost asleep when someone knocked on my door. I wouldn't have answered it but some small part of me was still hoping Kian would be there to apologize.

"Can you explain to me what the heck's going on? Because all Kian did was throw things and curse at me when I tried to talk to him." Poor Jc, he always seemed to get thrown into the middle of everything.

"Yeah, come in." I said, backing out of the doorway and plopping back down on my futon. Jc sat down on the floor opposite to me and shrugged.

"So? What's the story?"  I explained to him the whole Andrea situation, leaving out anything about my feelings for Kian. Jc seemed lost in thought as he sat there. He sighed and looked up at me.

"Is he alright? God, that's a stupid question. I seen the aftermath first hand. Do you think he is gonna be alright?" I sunk my face into my hands and shook it slightly, just enough for Jc to notice. "That bad?"

"He hates me, Jc." I moaned, emphasizing hates. Jc got up to sit beside me and wrapped his arm around my slumped shoulders.

"You two are practically brothers, you'll be friends again any second now." I really wish I could believe him but I'd never seen Kian look at me the way he did today. He honestly felt I'd ruined the rest of his life. "Let's go do something, it'll get your mind off the whole thing."

"I don't know, Jc. I really don't feel up to anything right now."

"Please, I'm thinking Panera." My stomach grumbled in reply and I laughed.

"Alright, fine, but you're paying." 

"I'll go ask Connor if he wants to come. Kian will be fine here alone right?" I thought about it for a second and shrugged. 

"We shouldn't have to worry about him, he can take care of himself." My heart felt a lot different than the words that were coming out of my mouth, but I'd never admit to that. Jc gave me a confused look but turned to go get Connor anyway. I followed, but not before a particularly forlorn glance in the direction of Kian's locked door.