Zombie

I groaned and wiped the drool off my chin. My back felt like a steam roller had run over it.

"Ricky? Are you awake yet?" Jc's voice rang through the air and I felt another nudge to my side. I shook my head without opening my eyes.

"Go away." I mumbled, sounding more like a drowning animal than a human being. 

"Why are you sleeping on your floor? You look like shit. Was the sex that crazy?" Jc was right beside my ear now. I flailed my arm in the air in an attempt to get him to leave but it didn't phase him.

"We didn't have sex, I kicked her out." I said, using all my strength to sit up into a push-up position. Jc was making a horrified face at me.

"You kicked her out?! Were you drunk out of your mind? Because that is the ONLY reasonable explanation for kicking a girl that hot out of your house!" Jc said, shoving me back to the ground. I groaned but didn't try to get back up.

"No, I just wasn't feeling it."

"Do you have an erectile dysfunction?" I shook my head into the carpet.

"Did she have some sort of disease?" I shook my head again.

"Are you gay then!?" I nodded into the carpet.

"Wait... Seriously?" I sat up and nodded a second time.

"I'm also madly in love with Kian, just throwing that out there." Jc's expression was blank but not in a negative way, just in a genuinely caught off-guard way.

"But Kian isn't gay?" I sighed, the knot in my chest tightening.

"God, don't I know that already." Jc seemed to clue in to the situation and shuffled closer to me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder before continuing to comfort me.

"Well, first and foremost, I'd like to say that I'm sorry for sending you home with a woman. But I'd also like to say that though it might feel like the end of the world, it's not. Kian is your first gay crush, does he even count?" I smiled halfheartedly at his attempt but couldn't agree. My feelings for Kian are the most real things I've ever felt.

"Listen, I'm gonna go fix some breakfast. There's nothing food can't fix!" Jc said, obviously picking up how little his comforting was doing to help me. I nodded, not really paying attention, and watched his feet as he left the room. I glanced over at my mirror and frowned at my demeanor. I literally looked like a zombie. I guess that's an accurate description because it doesn't even feel like my heart's beating anymore.