Butterflies

The next morning I spent a lot more time getting ready than I care to admit. I still found myself frowning into the mirror though.

"Why do I have to look so crap in tuxedos?" I moaned to myself.

"But you don't babe." Kian said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I jumped.

"God, Kian, scare the crap out of me why don't you?" I growled, turning to face him. That. That right there is the definition of angel. Kian Lawley in a tuxedo has to be the sexiest thing I will see in my entire life. Well, next to Kian without anything on, granted I get to see that.

"You're staring." Kian whispered, biting at his lip playfully as he looked into my eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat and managed a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." 

"Are you almost ready? We're supposed to be there in ten minutes." He asked, hugging me to him. So this is what it's like dating Kian. As amazing as it has proven to be so far I already regret accepting his offer. There's no way I can go back to being just friends after this sneak-peek.

"Yeah, I just gotta grab my phone-"

"I have it, come on babe, let's go." He said, intertwining my fingers with his. I hadn't expected him to go this full-out. I hadn't mentally prepared myself for the butterflies that were in my stomach right now. 

He pulled me down the stairs to the doorway. As I stood back up from putting my shoe on I came face to face with Kian.

"Ricky! Trying to steal a kiss already? Shameful." He whispered, pressing his forehead to mine. I had nearly forgotten I had to breath when someone's gasp brought me back to reality. We looked up to see Connor standing behind us.

"So this is what everyone's been keeping from me! Why didn't you want to tell me? Do you guys think I'm homophobic? Or is it just not official yet?" Connor was frowning as if we'd really offended him and I felt bad for not letting him in on the situation before now.

"Actually, we're just-"

"Just leaving, we have a date. And we didn't tell you because we're keeping it on the down low for now." Kian interrupted, adding a wink at the end to solidify his statement. Connor nodded eagerly and ran off into the house, probably to find Jc.

"Why did you say that?" I said, elbowing Kian as we walked out the door.

"Because I promised you I'd tell everyone you were my boyfriend. Isn't that what you wanted?" He asked, pouting his lower lip out. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, but that's just going to lead to a complicated mess in the future." I said, pointing back at the door we'd just come out of. Kian laughed.

"What doesn't lead to a complicated mess in our lives?" He said as he opened my door for me. I ducked into the car and looked up at him.

"You know, I could really get used to this." Kian just smiled and went around to his side. He probably felt sorry for me. I was definitely reading into his acting too much. I just need to remember that all of this is fake. I cringed. Why oh why does it have to be fake? I snapped back to reality when I felt a hand intertwine with my own again.

"Stop that, you're driving."

"I can drive with one hand." He said, poking his lower lip out in frustration.

"You can barely drive with two. As much as I love to hold your hand I'd like to survive to have my goodnight kiss." I smile cheekily. Kian frowns but listens and puts both hands on the wheel. Even with a frown deterring his features he still looked like a god. He glanced over and caught me staring but instead of looking away sheepishly he made kissy lips at me. I chuckle and turn to look out the window in hopes to hide how much I was blushing.