Chapter 27

Why, hellooooo, my weirdoes! So nice to see you all again! First and foremost, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for not updating sooner. As you can see, I've even adopted my princess voice to apologize. These past few weeks have been really hectic, and I am sadly sick. I even stayed home from school half the day today to sleep. Thankfully, I didn't have that much for tomorrow though, so I decided to give you guys this chapter! Feel free to vote and comment. And without further ado, here is Chapter 27!

     As they walked down to breakfast, Gray and Lucy ran into Erza and Cana. Cana, amazingly, looked pretty close to sober, marking this as a big deal. It was rare that a suitor was staying for so long and was greeted by a ball after all. When Erza saw Lucy, she sucked in a breath and started tearing up.

     "Erza! What's wrong?!" Lucy asked, alarmed at seeing her crying.

     "You... you just look so beautiful, Lucy! My little baby is all grown up!" she exclaimed, as she hugged Lucy to her armored chest.

     "Ow..." Lucy moaned as her head hit Erza's armor. "Erza, that hurts, and you're only a couple years older than me..."

     Cana and Gray both had to pry Erza's arms off her so Lucy could finally be released.

     "Thanks," she sighed in relief.

     "You're welcome," Cana said, taking a small sip from a flask she had hidden in her boot. Lucy sweat dropped at the hiding spot.

      "But damn, Lucy, you look good," she said, sweeping her eyes across her figure.

     "Thanks, Cana," Lucy said, smiling at her.

     "Can I squeeze your boobs through that lovely dress please? Squeezing them while you look this gorgeous would send me to heaven," she said as she smirked evilly.

     Lucy's smile immediately dropped as she refused her firmly.

     "Aw, come on. Why not? It would be the greatest birthday present," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

     "Cana, it's not even close to your birthday, what are you talking about?" Lucy asked, confused.

     "Whatever. Personally I think everyday should be my birthday," she said, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

     All three of them sweat dropped. Now wouldn't that be a nightmare.

     "Can we just please go down to breakfast?" Lucy sighed, feeling tired already.

     "Yeah, let's go," Erza agreed as she hooked her arm through Lucy's. Gray hurriedly followed suit. Cana who didn't even notice they'd left as she had continued ranting about why everyday should be her birthday, ran to catch up with them.

     "Hey, don't just leave me here talking to myself, you bastards!" she yelled.

     As breakfast was nearing its end, Lucy started to feel butterflies in her stomach. She really didn't want to meet this prince, especially if her father had his eye on this one.

     Just as she took her last bite, Virgo entered the dining room and said in an even more monotone voice than usual, "The prince of the Kingdom of Celestial has arrived, Hime."

     Lucy had to work hard to swallow that last bite as it symbolized the last of her time before having to meet the prince. As she finished it, she sighed and stood up, straightening out the skirt of her dress.

     "Arigatou, Virgo," she said.

     Virgo nodded but before Lucy could exit the dining room, Virgo grabbed her arm. Lucy turned to Virgo, surprised by her actions.

     "Hime, I know full well that you hate suitors, and I am not telling you to like this one or love him at all, but he is a good person."

     "How do you know that?" Lucy asked, her eyebrows crinkling.

     "He is the prince of my home country, and we are old friends," Virgo explained. "He may seem a bit forward when you first meet him, but that is just his way. What I want to say is, he's not like your other suitors so you don't have to be fake with him."

     Lucy's eyes widened slightly at this new information; she had never known where Virgo had come from, it had never really come up in their conversations before. Furthermore, to have Virgo say such things about someone made Lucy question the little she knew about this prince.

     "Arigatou, Virgo. I'll be sure to take your words to heart when meeting him. I'm sure he has to be nice for you to hold him in such regard," she said, smiling at her pink haired friend.

     Virgo gently released her arm and gave her a small smile of her own, which was rare for Virgo.

     "Arigatou, Hime. Punishment time?" she asked hopefully.

     "Not this time, Virgo," Lucy laughed.

     Virgo really never would change, and with Virgo's words in mind, Lucy and her little entourage left the dining room to go greet the prince.

     As they neared the front doors of the castle, Lucy could hear trumpets playing a greeting fanfare outside, as well as cheers.

     "Hey, you never told us, Lucy. What's the name of this prince anyway?" Gray asked suddenly.

     "Oh, I guess I didn't tell you guys, huh?" Lucy said, realizing he was right.

     Her three guards nodded.

     "Well, his name is-" Lucy was cut off by the grandiose front doors opening, letting in the blinding sunlight from outside. Lucy and the rest had to shield their eyes while they grew accustomed to the sudden bright light, and Lucy sucked in a breath when she saw a figure followed by three other figures start to distinguish themselves against the light. This is it.

Hahah! You guys really thought I would introduce Loki in this chapter? Yeah, no way. Not yet anyway. Also, this the last chapter I actually have prewritten at the moment, so you guys might have to wait a bit longer for the next chapter because I need to prewrite some. I don't like writing a chapter and posting it immediately because I like to have some idea of what I'm doing next, and I like revise the chapter I'm posting before posting it. Anyway, because I'm too tired and sick this time, I won't be doing the normal disclaimer, but you all know that Fairy Tail doesn't belong to me, yada, yada, yada. So I'm going to go get ready for bed now. Bye!