Chapter Twenty Nine

This is an excerpt from chapter 24 part III. Just to clear up any confusion anybody had about Snake's murder. The bold words should be answers to all your questions and concerns. This is copied directly from the chapter, nothing added or deleted.

"Man, I really don't think this is a good idea. I got a bad feeling about this." I told him as I shook my head, once we were suited up. We had on welder's gear; everything from the mask and rubber boots, to the smock, and rubber gloves.

"I always knew you was a pussy." He said smacking his lips, as he shook his head at me.

"I ain't a pussy, I'm just not dumb." I responded.

"Whatever. Either you're in or you're out. Your choice." He shrugged as he left me standing there and started walking down the stairs to the bottom level of the abandoned warehouse where Man was keeping Snake. I stood there for a moment, weighing my options.

"Fuck it!" I hissed as I threw up my hands and followed him down the stairs. "Forgive me Lord for what I'm about to do."

Hours later we came back upstairs and I was feeling guilty as hell. Darius Carter's body was chopped into tiny pieces. Fingers, toes, arms, legs, ears, eyes, and all other body parts were cut off and destroyed. I used to be a real lightweight when it came to shit like this but I consider myself a pro now. I was sawing off body parts left and right. He was barely alive and hanging on, up until Man ripped out his heart with his bare hands. Man was always specific about how we killed people; he wanted no evidence left and he didn't want the person to be able to be identified.

I made sure I had on my gloves before helping Man clear the area. We secured the building, cleaned up and changed into regular clothes. Once we were finished; Man lit up a blunt and smoked it before setting the building on fire. We watched the flames for a while, before we got into Man's car. Standing in front of that abandoned burning building, I made a vow to God and myself that I was done with everything from my past, for good.

It has been a full year since Aaliyah and Demarcus found out about Emanuel and Jerome's involvement in Snake's murder.

Jerome POV:

"I'm about to leave." I told Aireka as I stepped into the laundry room. She had been in here all damn day washing clothes. I offered to help her but she said she worked better alone and I would distract her. I didn't want to help anyway so I left it alone and went back upstairs to play on the game until Brandy got here with my baby. Today was my day off and all I wanted to do was chill.

I had Alayshia with me for the next week and a half. Brandy and her fiancée were leaving for their vacation in Cancun.

"Okay babe. I'll see you later, be safe." She told me as she folded a large bath towel and put it into the large stack of other towels.

"Damn it's like that? I can't get no love before I go?" I asked, scrunching up my face at her. She smirked before walking over to me and jumping on my frame. "Nah, I don't want it no more." I said rolling my eyes as I placed my hand under her ass to support her weight.

"Big baby." She chuckled as she wrapped her arms around my neck and tightened her legs around my waist. She tried to kiss me but I dodged her kiss, making her smack her lips. "Babe stop, let me kiss you." She said roughly grabbing my face and kissing me.

"So aggressive." I huffed as I rolled my eyes at her. She smirked before leaning in for another kiss. I allowed her to kiss me softly for a few moments before taking control of the kiss. "I gotta go, love." I mumbled once I felt her undo my belt and attempt to unzip my pants.