Chapter Eleven (Part II)

Aaliyah POV:

"I can't believe you're sixteen Li. I can still remember when I first met you. You called me mom and you only knew me for like ten minutes." Mama laughed as she curled my hair with her curling wand.

"I know Mama." I laughed along with her. I could tell she was trying not to cry by the look on her face, "I was right though, you are my mom." I said smiling at her through the mirror.

"Yeah." She said giving me a half smile before a tear slipped out of her left eye and down her cheek.

"Awwww." I cooed with a smirk on my face. She laughed before hitting my arm. "Don't cry Mama. I'll always be your little princess." I said making her laugh.

"You just grew up so fast and I'm proud of the young lady you've become. Your dad and I are really proud of you. I know you've been through a lot in your life but you're so strong and I really admire you for that." She told me.

"Mama, stop before you make me cry." I whined as I fanned my eyes frantically she had already done my makeup and my face was beat to the Gawds. I didn't have time to have tears messing up my lashes and my contour.

"I should've known y'all ass's was up here crying." Daddy said coming into the room unannounced and without knocking. He knows Mama does not play that, I don't even know why he tries it with her.

"Bye Daddy." I laughed.

"That's fine. Say bye to your little funky ass sweet sixteen too." He said smacking his lips.

"Don't listen to him baby, I wouldn't let him do that." Mama said rubbing my back and playfully rolling her eyes at Daddy as she wanded the last section of my hair. I watched her as she pulled apart my curls a little before fluffing my hair and spraying it.

"Nigga, you're not the boss of me. Try again." Daddy scoffed. I shared a look with Mama through the mirror and we both busted out laughing.

"But yet you do everything she says. Okay Daddy." I laughed before smirking at him. He smacked his lips before he hit me upside her head, making my head fly to the side. I couldn't even do anything but laugh, the way my head moved, it looked like my neck broke.

"Stop, before you mess up her hair Khalil." Mama said popping his hand and pushing him away from me. She was worried about him messing up my hair and my damn neck was broken. I watched as she laid my edges down and then gave my hair one last spray before unplugging her iron.

"Thank you Mama, I love it." I sang as I got out my phone. I took a few pictures before making a snapchat video while playing in my hair. "Special shoutout to my stylist and makeup artist for today. The baddest woman in all of Cali, my mother, Armoni Jones." I said putting the camera on her. She smiled before taking a bow and then blowing a kiss as she put away all of her hair and makeup products.

"Armoni Jackson." Daddy yelled in the background, correcting me. "Her name is Armoni Jackson."

"Nigga, bye." Mama scoffed, making me laugh.

"That's all for now folks. Happy Birthday to me." I sang into the phone before sticking my tongue out and ending the video.

"Have a good day at school baby, I love you." Mama said kissing me, careful not to mess up my makeup.

I left the sitting room of her closet, where she does her hair and makeup and headed downstairs to my room. I still had to get myself dressed for school, I was only in my bathrobe and undergarments.

I quickly changed my clothes so I wouldn't be late to school this morning. I had on an all black Alexander McQueen skater dress that stopped right above my knees, a denim Levi jacket, and my black Givenchy sandals. I walked into my closet, looking for a purse to carry today. I had so many to pick from, my head started hurting.