Chapter Sixteen ReUpload

Armoni and Alayshia ☝️☝👆👆

Some of you weren't able to read the update so here it is again.

I woke up Monday morning in a daze.

I was still tired from Saturday. Getting up at the crack of dawn and setting up all day and then having to entertain people all dang night was tiring. I didn't get a chance to rest much, Sunday because right after church, I went to the homeless shelter for a few hours to provide counseling. Then we went to donate the food to the soup kitchen that was left over from Aaliyah's party. After that all of my family that was in town came over to my house so I ended up cooking for a damn army.

I was so tired, I didn't have the strength to get up. I just laid in the bed and stared at Chris while he slept peacefully for a full thirty minutes.

He's usually a light sleeper most of the time but this medication they have him on makes him drowsy. It seems like he can sleep through an earthquake now.

I brushed my thumb against his cheek a few times before kissing his forehead and sighing. I rubbed his head as I began to pray over him. Once I was finished with my prayer, I just stared at him. He looked so relaxed and content while he slept. His son looked just like him. As I watched him like a creep, I couldn't help but to admire him. His facial hair was always on point and had the most perfect skin, it was even and smooth, and he had beautiful lashes.

I traced the veins in his arms and chest as I hummed to myself. Was I was really just laying here like I didn't have to cook for my family and get ready for work? I pecked his lips a few time before I got out of the bed and got ready for my day.

I showered and pumped some milk before I went downstairs to start breakfast for the family. Since I cooked almost everything in my fridge yesterday, they would just have to settle with eggs, bacon, and toast.

Jerome walked through the door as soon as I finished up breakfast. "Morning." He nodded to me as I got the jelly from the refrigerator.

"Morning." I smiled before I began to set the table. I got the boys their milk before pouring the girls diluted juice into their little cups. Arianna was still hanging on to her bottle but I was trying to ease her into her cup. I put on a pot of coffee for Chris and Ms. Yolanda.

"Morning baby." Demarcus said coming into the kitchen. I straight faced him and he laughed before hugging me. "You know  I'm playing." He laughed before kissing my cheek and going to sit at the table.

"Hey baby, do you need any help?" Ms. Yolanda asked, coming into the kitchen. I shook my head as I kissed her cheek as she walked by me to sit down at the table.

"Mama. Gimme a kiss." Jaydon demanded as he came into the kitchen. This little boy. I raised my eyebrow at him and put my hand on my hip.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked him.

"You. I need a kiss." He said making me shake my head.

"You can ask me for a kiss." I told him.

"Mama! Can you gimme a kiss?" He asked with a little pout on his face. I laughed as I picked him up and kissed him all over his cute little face. He's so big and heavy now, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do him like this. It broke my heart when I realized that I could no longer pick up Jr.