Chapter Eighteen

Mookie. ☝️☝ In case y'all forgot! 😏

I raised my eyebrow as I stared at my phone. I was really contemplating opening his email. We're only supposed to talk to each other through Aireka, unless it's an emergency private matter. But knowing Jerome and how he is, he could just be telling me he missed me. Or he could be on some sneaky shit and I'm not with it.

"Babe, get up." I said nudging Chris. He didn't get up right away so I literally had to beat on his back for him to wake up.

"What?" He mumbled.

"Jerome just emailed me." I informed him.

"Okay?" He asked, looking at me like I was stupid. I kind of felt bad for waking him up out of his sleep but I needed his help. Chris is the level headed one, most of the time when it comes to stuff like this.

"You know we're not supposed to talk to each other through email unless it's an emergency." I reminded him.

"Then read the email." He sighed.

"What if it's not an emergency though? He might just be telling me he misses me. You know he'd do something like that." I said rolling my eyes.

"Then don't read it." He said smacking his lips.

"But what if it is an emergency?" I asked.

"I'm going back to sleep." He said rolling his eyes, making me laugh.

"No, babe." I giggled. I really wanted to go through this whole separation process the right way. If Jerome was breaking the rules and contacting me over some bs then I didn't want to read the email. But if it was an emergency, I needed to know.

"You need to read it, what if it's about the kids or something?" He suggested making me sigh. Jerome did have the kids tonight and if something happened to one of my kids, then I definitely needed to know.

"You're right. You read it." I told him before passing him my phone. Chris and I had no secrets so I didn't mind him reading it for me. I watched as he rolled his eyes at me before typing in his birthday and unlocking my phone. He went through my phone to find the email and I watched as his facial expression changed as he read the email. He was silent for a while before he finally sighed.

"Well it's definitely not about the kids and he's not telling you he misses you. Um, I wouldn't consider it an emergency but it's definitely important." He said making me scrunch my face up in confusion.

"What does it say, then?" I asked.

"You may need to sit down for this." He said making me raise my eyebrow.

"I am sitting down." I reminded him.

"Well lay down and pull the covers up." He said making me roll my eyes. I took the phone from him and went to the email.

The email alone was simple, all it said was "I guess it's time." That wasn't all, there was an attachment along with the email.

"Is it another suicide letter? Oh my God, I can take this right now!" I asked raising my voice as I ran my hand over my face.

"Mookie, will you shut up and read the damn email. It's not a suicide letter. Just prepare yourself, it's some heavy shit." He said before kissing my forehead.