Chapter Three

Chapter Two is private. You'll have to be a follower in order to read it. Read that chapter before reading this one.

Armoni POV:

"I'm so glad you're here Mama." I said hugging her again. Jr.'s birthday party was tomorrow and all of my family had flown in. Everyone was here but Yana and Stanley. Since Stanley had a game tonight, they'd be flying in, tomorrow. I was so excited to see everyone.

"I'm glad to be here. I missed my baby." She said kissing me. I laid my head on her shoulder as she rubbed my belly. I was due to give birth in a week but I haven't dilated at all. I'm so ready to have him.

"Will you be here when I have him?" I asked looking up at her.

"I'm planning on it." She smiled. "Have you decided on a name for him?" She asked raising her eyebrow. I'd planned on letting it be a surprise but I can't keep anything from my Mama.

"Christian Jamal Hawkins." I told her making her smile.

"I love it Mookie. It's precious." She said touching my stomach again. I thanked her before covering her hand with mine.

"Where's Daddy?" I asked.

"Somewhere trying to be young." She said making me laugh. My mom was telling me about my dad having a midlife crisis. Him and Manny went to go get tattoos last week and he even got his ear pierced.

"Leave Daddy alone." I chuckled.

"That nigga." She laughed while shaking her head making me smile. I love the bond my parents have with each other. After all these years, kids, and grandkids they still love each other the same.

"How've you been?" She asked me as I ate my ice chips. I've had a very strong craving for cornstarch but I couldn't eat it since I was pregnant, so I settled for crushed ice.

"Good." I said crunching on my ice.

"Mookie, stop baby." She said taking my cup of ice from me. I tried reaching for it again but she swatted my hand away.

"I take my pills Mama." I sighed, knowing what she was thinking. I've always been anemic but since I suffered from so much blood loss with giving birth to Arianna. It's like I can actually feel the deficiency now.

"Looks like Chris is gonna have to give you some more blood." She joked making me smile. I literally have his blood running through my veins. I needed blood after giving birth to Ari because I'd lost so much. Chris, Jerome, my dad and I all have the same blood type.

Since Jerome had almost overdosed on drugs he wasn't in any position to give me blood, my father wasn't even in town, so that left Chris.

"I need it." I scoffed.

"Have you gone to the doctor about it?" She asked me. My mother's been a nurse my whole life so I know I can trust her with my health and I know she knows what she's talking about.

"No." I mumbled.

"Have you been bleeding?" She asked.

"A little." I mumbled.

"And you haven't said anything?" She asked raising her voice.

"It's just spotting Mama." I replied.

"You and my granddaughter almost died the last time you started spotting." She said getting out of the bed.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Mookie." She sighed. "Just because you think you know everything about carrying a baby and child birth, don't brush things like this off Mookie. It could be something real serious." She preached.