Chapter Eleven (Part III)

Aaliyah POV:

"Mama, hurry up!" I whined. We were supposed to be going to my fitting for my sweet sixteen. Then I was going with Aunt Leilani to make sure that everything was to my liking and how I wanted it. They didn't want me to be disappointed when I got to the party, so they were trying to make sure that I was pleased with everything.

"I'm coming, don't rush me." She called as I watched her come down the stairs with Christian in his baby sling, strapped to her chest. I was assuming she just fed him because she was patting his back.

"Bye baby, I already made breakfast, the kids are all still in bed. Love you." She said kissing Chris as she passed Christian to him. We were all out of school today, it was a staff development day for our whole district. "I just fed him but there's milk in the fridge. He should be hungry in another two and a half hours." She told him,

"I know Mama." He smirked as he placed Christian on his chest and put his feet back on the coffee table.

"Get your feet off my table Lamont." She told him. I laughed when I saw him roll his eyes before removing his feet.

"Make sure you listen for the babies, they should be waking up in an hour babe." She said making him sigh.

"I know Mookie." He replied.

"Okay, well I'll see you later. Love you." She said bending over to kiss the top of Christian's head and then Chris.

"Bye Pops." I called.

"Bye baby, have fun." He told me.

"Oh we will." I smirked at Mama.

After my fitting and checking out the venue with Aunt Leilani we were going shopping with Daddy's credit card and then to lunch with them. After that I was going to get a facial and a massage with Aunt Imani, then Aireka was taking me to get my nails and toes done. Then tonight Poppa and Daddy were taking me out for dinner.

It was the day after my birthday and I was still being spoiled and pampered. Instead of having a birthday celebration, I was having a birth month celebration.

The day God decided to bless the world with my presence.

"Don't forget to let KoKo out, babe." Mama yelled as we were about to leave the garage. She unlocked the doors to her all white Bentley that Daddy got her for her birthday last year. She rarely drives this car because she always has the kids with her.

Mama made breakfast for everybody but all we drank was tea because we didn't want to be bloated for our fitting.

"Aye, this is my jam!" I yelled, as I turned the volume up before throwing my hands up in the air.

I luh God

You don't luh God?

What's wrong with chu?

I luh God

You don't luh God?

What's wrong with chu?

I don't think I could live no other way

Truth be told, I'm living how I wanna, aye

Nah, this ain't no blessings in the modern day

The Lord I serve, He gives them to me everyday

I'm forgiven, I'm forgiven

See I done been forgiven, now I'm living

And when I say I love, I mean it

Cuz none of this means nothing if He comes and I miss Him