Chapter Nine

"Answer the fucking phone Jerome." I sighed as I called him for the eighth time in a row. I'd just finished up with my second client of the day and I was in my office trying to contact Jerome about Alayshia.

I literally could not leave work to meet them at the hospital. I had a client already waiting for me in the conference room and I couldn't take off because I had already used up all of my days and I had just come back from maternity leave. There was no way my boss would let me leave.

After Jerome didn't answer for the tenth time, I called Andrea and of course she didn't answer. I was two seconds away from calling Chris when I remembered he was on his way to New Orleans.

My parents were both at work and Leilani wasn't even in town at the moment. I felt like I was all out of options.

"Lord help." I mumbled as I put my face in my hands. Just as I was about to give up, Aireka popped into my head. She got back from Vegas last night so she should've been free to watch the kids while Justycee stayed at the hospital with Alayshia.

"Yes ma'am?" Aireka said answering the phone on the third ring. I sighed in relief as I heard her voice.

"Are you doing anything right now?" I asked her.

"I'm on the toilet." She replied making me chuckle and shake my head.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked her.

"Sure, wassup?" She asked making me sigh. I explained to her the situation and she agreed to meet up with Justycee at the hospital and take the kids back home. She said she'd watch them for as long as I needed her to.

Once twelve o'clock hit, I jetted out of my office and headed to the hospital as quick as I could. On the way there I got pulled over for speeding. I was doing ninety in a sixty five. When the officer pulled me over, I explained to him my situation and then he escorted me to the hospital, but not before giving me a ticket.

"Where are y'all?" I asked Justycee as she answered the phone. I ran into the hospital as fast as these dang six inch Louboutin's would let me. She gave me Alayshia's room number and I hung up before going to the elevator.

Once I got to the floor Alayshia was on, I got lost almost twice trying to find her room. When I got to her room, I was all out of breath and breathing hard as hell.

"Hey." I said stepping into the hospital room. Lay was asleep in the hospital bed with different machines hooked up to her.

"Hey." Justycee said standing up from her seat on the couch to come hug me. Once we pulled away from each other, I put my purse on the chair beside the hospital bed and took off my blazer.

"What'd the doctor say?" I asked as I sat on the edge of the bed. Just as Justycee was about to tell me, the doctor walked into the room.

"You must be Alayshia's mother?" He said giving me a warm smile and extending his hand. I shook his hand and smiled.

"No sir, I'm her temporary guardian. She's my ex husbands daughter." I informed him with a smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Reynolds."

"Armoni Jackson." I smiled.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful lady." He said making me blush. Dr. Reynolds was no doubt a handsome man.

"Thank you." I smiled politely.

"Due to Alayshia being born two months premature, and her lungs being so small and very underdeveloped, she will always have trouble with her breathing, especially at night or while she's sleeping. Since the weather is also changing. It'll cause some difficultly for her too. " He said making me sigh as I shook my head.