Chapter Thirty Three

Olivia Hernandez

My eyes opened suddenly when I felt a breeze brush across my face, my hair dancing wildly. I looked up and saw the clear blue sky, only smears of white hanging on the canvas. I sat up, looking around with caution. It seemed as if I was rested underneath a lone willow tree, the leaves swaying in the path of the wind. All I could see was the grassy plains ahead of me, no sign of life. My body felt weaker and heavier than before.

"Where am I...?" I couldn't help but mutter out loud.

I stood on my feet and found myself wearing my usual skinny jeans and plain white top. A maroon colored cardigan was hung over my shoulders, and I found myself falling towards the tree for support. I looked down and saw my feet bare, brushing across the golden grass. I found my balance again and began walking, not having a place in mind.

"Hello?" I called out.

No one replied, and the wind continued howling, brushing my hair in front of my sight. A few minutes flew by, and the willow tree was nowhere to be found anymore. I couldn't find any trace of it left, and it seemed my techno brain wasn't recharged, so I couldn't have a clear map of where I was. I sighed heavily, a little freaked out. Abruptly, I spotted someone in the distance.

Though, their presence felt.. uncomfortable.

They looked tiny from where I was, and I started walking towards them. The closer I got, the more I felt as if I knew him from somewhere. He had brown hair, like highlights of sand in dirt. My eyes widened when I realized it was Alex. I began running towards him.

"Alex!" I yelled out.

He turned back, and I slowly stopped in my tracks. He looked older and had a scar on his arm. The scar seemed faded, but I recognized it as the same scar he had gotten from fighting with Julian. My eyes widened suddenly when I heard a child's voice giggling.

"Daddy!" A little girl squealed. She had her arms stretched up towards Alex. "Carry me!"

She had the same hair color as Alex, but I couldn't meet her gaze. I couldn't tell what her eye color was. Alex picked her up, all while continuing to stare at me, a little startled, almost as if I were different. The girl then caught on and followed his gaze on me. She appeared confused, but almost had a look of relief, as if she knew who I was. Blood began rushing through my head, and I looked at the girl's eyes, as if I were staring into a mirror.

Her eyes were the same emerald green. The same green as mine. Her mouth opened, as if she was going to say something, but the image faded away. Alex and the little girl called out loudly to me as I stared, my eyes still wide.

I instantly sat up, breathing heavily. I turned to look at the clock, and my alarm was about to ring in a few minutes. I turned off the alarm and stood up, running a hand through my very messy hair. Was that a dream? Or a vision? What just happened? I shook my head, breathing heavily, and walked into the bathroom, staring at the mirror. I lightly slapped my cheeks with my hands, sending a small sting towards my nerves.

Get it together, Olivia. It was obviously some kind of vision.

I hurried and got dressed, changing into a normal pair of skinny jeans and a camouflage t-shirt. I quickly tied on new bandages, sloppily might I add, and pinned it together with a bobby pin, the closest thing to me. I put on a black jacket and trotted downstairs with my backpack. I spotted Alex and Felicity in the kitchen, as per usual. Felicity was giving Alex a breakfast burrito, and she saw me come in.

"Olivia! Just in time!" She exclaimed.

I walked up to her, and she gave me a breakfast burrito. "Thank you, Felicity."

"Get going!" Felicity replied. "You wouldn't want both Cody and Bri waiting for you at the basketball courts, now would you?"

I giggled. "You're right."

Alex grabbed my hand, "Let's go! Bye Mom!"

"Bye Felicity!" I yelled after him as he dragged me to the door. As we walked outside, I looked at the Jeep on our driveway. I looked at him and said, "You wanna drive it? I don't feel like walking today."

Alex shrugged, "Sure."

~~~

As the hours flew by, I still didn't get a chance to talk to him about my weird vision. I spent the whole day trying to stop Alex from beating up Julian, who was already in a wheel chair and appeared ashamed to see me again. We were lucky that Felicity was able to pay for the damages. Alex wasn't suspended either, and instead Julian was, since spectators had proven he was the one who had started the fight.

Bri and Cody, again, were acting weird like yesterday. They were brought closer, and whenever we did something together, somehow Bri or Cody would give me a glance of.. trouble in my direction. Either I was hallucinating, or they were planning something sinister with those brains of theirs. Currently, Bri and I were sitting on the bleachers while watching Alex and Cody tossed a football to each other.

They still named each other "pretty boy" and "jackass", but overall, they were getting along.

"GET IT TOGETHER, PRETTY BOY!" Cody yelled from the other side of the field. "DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO FUCKING THROW?"

Alex launched the ball past Cody's head and shouted, "SHUT UP, JACKASS. LIKE YOU COULD DO ANY BETTER."

I.. take that back. They were still the same, but Cody was little less aggressive with him. I was glad too, considering they didn't quite have a good first impression of each other. Bri then started a conversation.

"So, how are you and Alex?" She asked.

I shrugged, "We're doing fine. You could say we're like what we were before."

Bri nodded, "I could say the same for both Cody and me."

"You two seem to be awfully attached now," I said with a teasing grin. Leaning over towards her, I sent her smirk, "Why's that?"

Bri had gotten red to the face, and she waved her hands in a negative motion. "It's nothing!" She exclaimed in defense. "W-We're kind of getting along! Nothing happened!"

"Mhm," I hummed with a smile.

Her cheeks flushed red, and I tried to hold in my laughter. "Olivia!" She whined childishly. "I'm being serious!"

"So, has he kissed you?" I asked.

"What?!"

"So that's a yes?"

"W-WHAT. N-No!!"

"Sure~.."

"GAHHH!! I give up!"

"Sorry, but I'm just interested in your love life."

"LOVE LIFE?!"