Chapter Three

I sucked in my breath and looked at the horror of house in front of me. A horror? That's the understatement of the year. More like the entrance to death and hell and all things unearthly. My hands were shaking, my heart was pounding, and my entire body was trembling. Even looking at the door made me feel the stinging of his hand slapping the fuck out of my face. The lump in my throat was prominent, and I gulped it down hard. Dammit. Felicity put her hand on my left shoulder. I looked back at her, unsure, and she gave me a heart-warming smile.

"Don't worry, Olivia," she said soothingly, "I'll talk to your father, and maybe stop this concept of unneeded violence!"

I gave her a sad smile, saying under my breath, "I don't know.. what— what if he doesn't listen?"

"He will," Alex's voice came, interrupting us. I turned to look at him, intrigued at how he could think that. His hands were in his hoodie pockets, and he had a blank expression on, as if he was bored. "If he doesn't, I'll slap him across his fucking face."

Felicity raised a hand, a proud smile stretching across her face. Alex high-fived it. She didn't question his work choice whatsoever.

I nodded hesitantly, smiling a little, and opened the gate. Their reassurance was slightly warming to me, so a small bubble of confidence was in my stomach. I unlocked the door slowly with my spare key, shaking. Once the click sounded, I already heard his loud footsteps stomping down the stairs. I took in a sharp intake of air and swung the door open, quickly descending behind Alex. Alex's hand brushed against mine, as if trying to comfort me. I hesitantly peeked at my father as he looked between Felicity and Alex. When he saw me, I inhaled sharply and turned away, hiding behind Alex again.

"What?" He spat harshly at Felicity.

Felicity's nice and sweet personality changed quickly, as if his demeanor pissed her off already. She harshly grabbed his ear and pulled him inside the house, dragging him into the living room as he kept on saying "ow".

(A/N take note that this mother is a savage and will cuss in the following content.)

"Gregory goddamn Hernandez! DO I NEED TO RETEACH YOU ON HOW TO ACT POLITELY WHEN I COME TO YOUR HOUSE FOR A VISIT?! OR MUST I CHOP OFF YOUR FUCKING DICK WHILE YOU ARE ASLEEP, CUT IT INTO THIN SLICES AND FRY IT, THEN FEED IT TO YOU FOR YOU TO LEARN?!"

"Felicity!" Dad whined. "Let go of—"

"DO NOT TALK BACK TO ME, MISTER. YOU ARE IN BIG, BIG, BIG TROUBLE."

I stared wide-eyed at the door and turned to Alex, commenting, "Alex, your mother is freaking terrifying."

Alex's eyes were also wide as he stared, dumbfounded. "I know."

We both went into the house as Felicity led my father into the living room. She fiercely let go as Dad clutched his ear while whining. He glared at me as I sat down next to Alex, who was holding my hand as a comforting gesture. Hold up, when did that happen? I didn't let go upon realization as Alex glared back at him. I hid behind his frame, avoiding the sharp eyes on me.

"GREGORY HERNANDEZ," Felicity yelled at him.

"What, Felicity?" He muttered, swiping a beer bottle from the coffee table.

Even though Felicity was a small woman, she yanked the bottle from his hands and slammed it back onto the table. "YOU, SIR, WILL NOT BE DRINKING IN FRONT OF MY SON. YOU WILL BE APOLOGIZING TO YOUR DAUGHTER FOR ABUSING HER FOR THE PAST YEARS OR ELSE I WILL SPANK THE FLIPPING, FLOPPITY, EVER-LOVING SHIT OUT OF YOU."