Chapter Twenty Nine

I immediately saw through something, but before I could say anything, Cody legit pounced on top of Alex with no shame whatsoever. I couldn't make out what was happening, but it was something violent. He didn't give a damn, being blinded by his anger, especially since he knew about Alex. I had told him that Alex left with Bri on a trip, earlier than expected. I told him this while I was emotionally broken and couldn't even smile yet.

"YOU HURT HER!" Cody yelled, landing a punch on Alex's jaw. "YOU MADE HER FUCKING SUFFER FOR A YEAR AND A HALF, YOU ASSHOLE!"

Bri started screaming and tried to pull Cody off of Alex, but Kevin pulled her back, not trying to stop Cody. I mentally sighed and closed my eyes. Let me just... I let out a harsh breath, and everyone around me knew what was coming.

"C o d y."

He paused in his place and looked at me. My green eyes burned into his brown ones. He reluctantly got off of Alex and walked over with his head low. "Sorry.." he muttered.

"Well," I said, looking at the others with my arms crossed defiantly. "Cody and I will be out for awhile. I think we'll skip dinner here and go somewhere else. I can tell Cody feels uncomfortable here, likewise for me." My eyes darkened. "We don't feel very welcomed anymore."

"But—"

Kevin stopped Jen from saying anything by grabbing her arm and shaking his head towards her. She remained silent, faltering.

"Any objections?" I asked.

No one made a sound, except for Bri. "But I really—"

"ANY objections?" Cody repeated, cutting her off.

Bri helped Alex up and clenched her jaw. Alex had a torn lip and a few scratches on his face from the ring Cody wore on his hand. I looked at everyone in the room, especially at Jen and Kevin. They seemed guilty and shocked from the reaction, and I could tell they had known he was coming beforehand.

"No?" I questioned, referring to the question before. "Good. We won't have any problems then. Let's go, Cody." Cody followed after me as we walked towards the door. I paused when someone let out a weak cough.

Alex staggered up to his feet and muttered under his breath, "We.. are going with you."

I looked over my shoulder, my eyes blazing with fire. I stared at him dead in the eye, seeing that his eyes were dim. "No," I said, pushing Cody through the door. He stumbled. I glared at Alex, "You aren't."

I shut the door loudly and began walking out towards Cody's car. I ignored the footsteps following me. Cody caught up to me and strolled by my side as I was speed-walking.

"You okay, Livvy?" He asked quietly.

I stopped suddenly, my hair shadowing my eyes and looked at the ground, my hands clenched into fists. I— I don't— I peered up at Cody, and he saw the tears streaming down my face. I shook my head vigorously, and Cody wrapped his arms around me, letting me cry against his shirt. I continued sobbing pathetically, almost feeling like I was about to melt down to my feet.

I looked at him as my tears fell. "Even for two years... even two years of repairing myself..."

"You did good," Cody replied in a quiet voice, his hand stroking my hair. "You did perfectly fine. He thinks you're over it. And you are."

"Then why am I crying?"

Cody pat my head softly and mumbled, "Because he just appeared out of nowhere. You didn't expect to see him yet. Maybe you're not ready, and that's okay. But you're strong now. You can handle this."

We just stood there, waiting for my tears to dry up.

Alex James

I was in the bathroom, cleaning the blood off of my lip and face. I was stupid to think she would be glad I was back. She's mad. Mad that I'm back. Mad that I didn't tell her that I had a girlfriend. For so many years, I had always hesitated to send a bio-link to her. I hesitated to make any action. That Cody guy is taking care of her like a good friend. Something I couldn't do. Must be close.

"Fuck.." I muttered, letting the water drip down my face as I looked in the mirror, gripping the sides of the sink. My blue eyes glared back at me. "I'm a fucking asshole.."

I ran a hand through my hair, pulling on it. Dammit! I was only dating Bri because she said that she had an ex-boyfriend she wanted to get back with. She promised me if I got her back with her ex-boyfriend, she'd repair my relationship with Olivia. Bri said his name was Cody, Cody Jaxon, and that boy with Olivia was indeed the Cody Jaxon she was talking about. We promised once the other's relationship was repaired, we'd break up.

But, Bri was acting out of character. She acted like we actually dated. We haven't even once been on a date. She's tried, but she never succeeded. I walked into my room. Bri was sent home, since I wanted to be alone, and the dinner didn't seem like a good idea anymore. I need to break up with Bri. This isn't right. I can't even guarantee she'll keep her promise. I laid down on my bed.

Turning on my phone, I went to the photos app. I looked through it, clicking on the albums section. About a fourth of my photos, one album, was with Bri and the school in England. Another fourth, another album, was with England, and some landmarks I wanted to show Mom, Kevin and Jen. The remaining half, the last album I created, was with.. Olivia. I never deleted them. I haven't opened the album in a long time.

Almost like an old instinct, I clicked on it.

A bombard of photos of Olivia and I were in the album. Some were just of us sitting with Ocean during lunch, eating. Some were of us in class, when we snuck our phones into class to take pictures. The majority was on SnapChat, where I sometimes took photos of Olivia and put a filter on her, like the flower crown. The flower crown was her favorite filter, and it was mine as well.

I clicked on a photo where Olivia and I were taking a selfie, flower crowns on our heads. I was looking at the flower crown, an annoyed look on my face. Olivia was poking my cheek in mid-laugh. She was looking at the camera with a proud smile, her green eyes filled with a giddy look. I sighed miserably and put my phone on the table, turning it off.

Tomorrow, I'll go back to school.

And tomorrow, I'll break up with Bri.

And tomorrow, I'll talk to Olivia again.

I fell asleep just thinking of what was to come.

Tomorrow.