chapter 41

Victor sat camping in an apartment building watching some grownups. They intrigued him. Something about a boy in the hoodie with two knifes walking with a pack of grownups got his attention. He has been following them since yesterday when he came in a car.
Something was off about the boy though. He showed remarkable intelligence by driving and now he is orchestrating an army.
Victor is high up in apartment so he can get a good view of a little part if the city. He found the place abandoned. Not even grownups had came here. Everything was perfect. Nobody to get on his nerves. Tell him what to do or when to do it. It is just him. Alone watching this boy trudge along with these shuffling idiots.
The boy and his little party are sleeping a little ways from him in a different abandoned apartment. Very little shufflers came to join him. He has been there all day camping. The both of them.
The sky was darker today. Storm clouds rolling in from all directions. Soon they would go out to hunt. With very little sun shining it os most likely they will start.
He learned that they don't like the light at all. The blisters and rashes began to appear rapidly on them. The longer one stays in the sun it begins to swell up. Pus and all kinds if vile things start to come out of every hole in the face except the mouth. Eventually their head just instantaneously combusts blowing things every which direction. He had seen that a couple of times since he has been in the city of Charleston.
The kid appeared as the rain began to come down lightly. Instantly Victor rose to his feet and began to follow them. He had to keep a good distance away or they would notice him. They smell out their prey mostly. This is why they intrigue him so.
He never recognized that the boy has a name written on his back in green. It says Mclaine and on the bottom Winfield. His hoodie is still up concealing his face.
Victor is a street block away from them. His weapons at ready incase someone tries an attack. When they turned a corner he would stealthy jog up to the side of a building and peer over so he doesn't lose them.
Mclaine had stopped in the center of the road. His follwers patiently waiting behind him. Something was happening and Victor needed to see what.
He looked behind him and started to go into an ally way. An old escape ladder went to the very top. The ladder was already down so he started climbing. Once on top, there was a fight.
Mclaine had a knife held out infront of him. A fat father as his opponent. The two were sizing each other up. It went in like this for five long minutes. Maybe they are chatting or something.
Finally the fat man went into his charge attack. Mclaine leaped out of the way rolling. He nailed it perfectly and lunged forward at him. The knife sank into his back.
The man let out a terrible cry and tried to swing at him desperately. The two of them aren't going to give up until one of them is dead. He swung his fat arms landing one solid hit. Mclaine flew back bouncing across the asphalt like a rag doll. He had lost his knife in the fat mans back folds. He pulled out another. The two of them charged. Mclaine jumped in the air landing in the mans face. He stopped and began to try to pull him off. It was to late though. Mclaine had slain him.
The body fell to the ground as he moved away quickly. He retrieved his knife's. Wiped them off on his pant legs. Put them away and that was that.
The fat guys little group merged with Mclaines' immediately. They had hoped to find food and there they have it. A big fat patty in the middle of the street.
The grownups don't care if they eat their fallen comrades. Death is death and no dead body goes to waste for them. That is how they think. It is how they live. Sometimes if they are desperate for food they begin to eat each other live. That is comon for them.
Victor leans over the wall amazed at what just happened. The way it all took place. He thought the fat one would win for sure in that fight. Never judge a book by its' cover, everyone had always told him.
He reached into his jacket for a little book and began to write what had happened. Protecting the pages from the rain he began.