chapter 35

Owen sits in his car. Waiting. Watching from far away. Maverick sits in the passenger seat like he is a crash test dummy.
Nyla and her friends desided to go up in Nitro for a school to call their base. Instead they found an abandoned police station. The place was dead. Her and some of the factory kids helped her clear the place and burn the rotting bodies outside. First thing they did after that was set up barricades and had the children take up gardening.
Now Owen was free to try and start a life in the factory. Though he had to apply cosmetics so nobody saw that he was infected. It was a nice thought but he had to be with his own people now.
He gave up on trying to kill them because Maverick had a change in plans. A smarter one. A better one that involved wiping all the kids out of West Virginia. Maverick told him to ho into highly populated areas like the capital or Huntington or maybe even Dunbar. Huntington was out because the hunters had left to go there this morning.
Owen chose the capital. It has lots of businesses and was always highly populated. More than any place in the state.
"Ditch the car. If you walk and send your signal they will start to follow you. Build up your strength and your amry. This is a full proof plan."
Owen nodded. He was starting to get hungry. The snack he had in the back seat was starting to stink. The meat had gone bad. If he tries to eat it it'll make him sick. He was going to risk eating it anyways before he set out.
The snack was a little girl who had wandered off from her friends at the factory. It was night when she exited the fence and went over to the crops. She had sat down with them. The guards didn't mind her going or payed any attention to her.
Owen sat begind a tree watching her while playing with his big kitchen knife. When he thought it was right he crept out silently. The girl facing the factory. Slowly he had came up right behind her.
She never moved or fliched. He could tell she sensed her. In an instant he put a hand around her mouth and slit her throat in one long swipe.
Maverick was pleased that Owen had balls to kill again. Especially a weak little girl. Thought he would go soft and live amongst the other kids. No. He did it. They were proud.
Owen finished off the snack. Having his fill he left the car and took his knives with. The sun was starting to irritate his skin so he flipped up his hoodie.
The Charleston area is beautiful at this time. He walks in the middle of the street. Watching the grownups go by. They didn't bother him. They just started to crowd and stood there.
Infront of him a woman who looks to be in her early thirty's. She wears sweat pant and a tanktop stained in blood. Her dark hair matted. She stared into his soul.
Owen heard her voice. It said, "who are you? You seem stronger than everyone here. More clever if you will."
He sent out his signal to her. "Owen. Im am your new ruler. Follow me and have all the food you could ever want."
The woman nodded slightly. Then she started another signal. They both did. More and more began to crowd around them sending the same thing.
Moving as one. Walking and thinking as one. They are going to start a revolution.