chapter 46

Marcy and Jack are working on one side of the barricade toward K Mart. It is nearly complete. Sky finished his part and is starting a gate on the bridge. They are busy at work hoping to cut down on bastards getting inside.
Something cought Sky's eye. A truck moving full speed across the river. It is heading this way. As it comes across the bridge he realizes it is Matt.
"Wheres Marcy? A local settlement near the capital will soon be under attack." He said panicked. Sky pointed to the right of him and Matt pulled in. "Marcy get your army Dunbar is under attack."
"What do you mean, that's near the capital?" Now her attention is focused on him.
Matt filled her in on what had happened. That somehow th city cought fire. "So will you help them? There's to many settlements up there to move."
"Sure. Lets go. Everyone move back to the base to get our best fighters."

Daniel is talking to Gary at the gate. The two of them are just chatting about where he and Hailey are going. It is mandatory thar someone knows where you are at all times in case you are needed or do not show up before sundown. If you do not come back before then you are counted dead or lost. Then a search party goes out to try and find you or a part if possible.
Hailey is talking to the head gardener Brenna. There chat is about how to grow crops faster. A lot of talk about the soil losing nutrients from the land being used to often which causes the plants to die.
A F-150 pulls up in front of the gate. "Get all the fighters. Marcys orders. Dunbar is under attack." Victor said leaning out of the window.
"Right." Gary said and began to run inside.
Daniel stood there bewildered. He was hoping to go on a walk not fight a bloody war in the next city over. "Thought you died Victor."
"Everyone did. I can handle myself. Those shufflers can't catch me even if they wanted. Or let alone find me." Victor started to laugh. "You should get ready for the fight."
"Already am. Me and my machete is all I need. And this handgun in my waistband." He said pulling up his shirt to reveal a black Colt45. "Got plenty of ammo in my bag too."
"Alrighty then. Just be prepared to die I guess. The horde is being lead by a very clever general. He is called Mclaine."
"Can't be that bad man. I've killed plenty of leaders. He will be no different."
Victor shrugged. "Whatever you say."
The front doors of the school opened up and people began to pour out with all kinds of weapons. They began to get in the cars. Marcy took to the driver seat of one of the vehicles when they came over to her.
Everyone is scared as hell to be up against an army. They are as ready as they are ever gonna be. Today a war. Tomorrow to or the next day to mourn the fallen.