Chapter 5

Daniel sat against the wall of the pawnshop closest to the front entrance that has a cage spread across it. "We need to get up and out of here. Go raid some abandoned buildings."
What are we gonna do? We ran out of food and water lastnight. The biggest problem is finding a haven for them all.
"Daniel." Luke said crawling out behind the counter. He is a kid who likes to organize things. "What place you got in mind?"
"Some houses and food stores." He said getting up off the cold floor. "Come on everyone. Lets get moving."
The team was soon out on the streets of Maccorkle three through five avenue's. Daniel split everyone into three groups. Some infected littered the streets and were no match for them.
Daniel took third avenue and ran into a house with three others. Who was outside went to take over others.
Inside were ten waiting in the living room. Daniels and his guys ran back out into the street to kill them. Four men and six women against five.
The group came out bearing teeth. Cloths stained back. The trouble with them is they are runners. Swift to attack but lack defense and damage.
Fisrt to attack was the leader jumping off the porch letting outva war cry with blood shot eyes. He flailed his arms wildly about. Stance wide. Then plunged forward reaching out with his stained hands.
Daniel reacted by forcefully taking a diagonal slash across his skull. The blade slit through completely clean. The others already leaped off the porch attacking his teammates. Their bats cracked against the attackers carving mean grooves in the sides of the heads.
A young boy named Gabe was taken down by three. Daniel reacted. Took his machete and cut two head simultaneously. The boys struggled with his bat trying to choke his attaker. His arms were about to give way when Daniel ripped him off. Tossed the girl into the street.
Long black hair concealed her face. Her arms thin. Straight at her side. The boys stood still watching her intensely. Confused on what is happening. The woman breaths hevily. Her chest rising and falling. A defining scream comes out of her.
Trey swings in from the side and makes short work of her. "Lets get the food and get the hell out of here." Then ran inside.
Daniel turned around. "Gabe stay out here. Scream when you see more grownups. Ill be out right away. Don't worry." Pulling him up and started towards the front door.