chapter 2

Some duffle bags lay in the kitchen with nothing inside and candles burn on the counters. Jack grabbed all the bottles of water and Daniel got bags of chips. The two of them stuffed them full, separately.
"We can only carry four. We have to leave the others before James and his goons clean up." Daniel whispers to Jack who is trying to carry a third.

He drops it and they go back out into the center of the school. A flashlight dances around the far hall. That made them scramble back to the gym and out to the baseball field.

"We have to go now. They are on their way back to the gym." Said Jack panting a little. He gave George a duffle bag and Daniel gave the other to Fred. They set off on the road.

"Im happy to be away from James and Poca." said a nerd called Calvin. "What's our plan now that we are away from James?" Looking at Daniel who is right beside him.

"Our biggest priority is food, water, and weapons right? I say we should atleast go somewhere like a Walmart you know. Just see what we can find. Until then try to find us a map so we can get a better lay of the land." Daniel said looking dead ahead at the road.

A kid with glasses called Jacob ran to the front to fall in sync with Daniel and Calvin. "I got a map book." He said pulling a book out if his bag. "Here. It's got the whole U.S.A. in it. The pages are alphabetized."
"Thanks Jacob. Now I can plot us a destination." Daniel observed the layout if West Virginia. "The closest town is Nitro. Lets search the place and see if we can find more supplies. Lets work our way to it."
"What's that in the distance. It looks like a fight just broke out."