chapter 38

Xian and her new little buddy Gibber sat playing in the street with other kids. They were playing duck duck goose.
Why outside though? It felt good to have the sun on them. Not a care in the world. All their work was done. They had there hour of exercise in the weight room today.

Jack sat on the roof with Marcy in his arm laying on his shoulder. The two of them just sit there watching the kids have fun. The two of them have been inseparable recently.
Jack ran his fingers across his right cheek where theres long diagonal cuts. One of the bastards had scratched him pretty bad. Three claw marks sit out in the open. The doc in the clinic had put disinfectants on it. Told him to try and keep it clean until it heals up. He doesn't like the bandage on all the time because it starts to itch a little.
Marcy doesn't like to see him hurt but she thinks the cuts make him look tuff. She really loves him and he knows it. He feels the same way about her. The problem is if they could live long enough after they take the capital to show how much they love eachother.

Daniel took the Jacob and Sky to the library accompanied by several others. They are sitting in there at the tables as the two nerds go at the books finding what they need.
Jacob wants more maps. Sky wants more information on building things. What he really wants is a huge metal gate like for a fort.
"So Daniel. How long do you plan on staying here after you help Marcy take the capital?" Archie asks leaning on the table.
"I don't know, maybe a month or so and then Im gone. Depends if I got a team really." Daniel sighs scratching his head.
"Why do you even want to leave this place anyways, bro."
"I want to find out what is going on around here. About those freaks running around eating children." He replied staring into Archie's eyes.
"You know we have scientists here at the school and in other settlements who can help find out what's going on, right?" Archie began to grin.
"I actually want to know how it started though. But I suppose you are right. Getting scientists will help more than figuring out what's going on."
I couldn't help but to over here your conversation, but we do have scientists who want to study the creatures. It would be helpful if you can get us some live specimen for the reasearch." Sky said putting a huge stack of books on the table. "The best thing would be getting ahold of a bitten person. Help understand how it happens."
"Where the sam hell are we gonna find a bitten surviver, Einstein?" Archie asks sarcastically.
"I dont know but I know nithing about this. Talk to Jeremy if you want to help. He is just picking off the ones you all have killed." Sky said trying to stare Archie down but failed. "Im an engineer. All that mumbo jumbo is out of my league. But Jermemy did tell me to grab some medical books and stuff. Not like this stuff would help any."
Jacob came over to the table with a flashlight in his mouth and another stack of books. He sat them down spitting the light out. "Were ready. Can you all help me get this stuff out?"
"Daniel looked at him with a grin. "Really?"