chapter 1

Sitting in the gym at school the leader James is going on about how we need to arm the students to go out and get food for everyone. How we are under constant threat because we have no real barricades set up. All the windows in the school have already been shattered by the infected and boarded by us. He said once we are armed we will try to find a secure place to hunker down for good or the time being.
"Where will we go?" Asked a kid in the crowed on the bleachers. He is a nerd with short blond hair and glasses.
"We are going to try and find a military base if possible. Until then you people need to grow some balls and start pitching in on defending this place." James shouted, eyeballing the small crowd.
There are at least a total of fifty kids that survived. The rest got infected, left on their own, or just died to the attacks they have been going through.
Someone is pounding at the gym doors. It began to grow louder. The nerds became frightened and whoever has weapons were out for blood. Whoever is on the bleachers unarmed were a little frightened, but some are ready to throw down.
The room grew silent all except the pounding. James and his men crept towards the door as people got up to help even if they are going to die.

George got up and exited from the back while everyone is distracted along with Zach, Daniel, Jack, and Fred. They went outside blinded by the light. What they are after is the tools in the shed and bats in the a nearby shack.
They have been trapped in the school for about a month. No sunlight. James made himself leader and locked everyone inside, thinking hes protecting them.
A single teacher sat outside the shed looking at the school. His eyes are bloodshot with rashes all over him. His cloths stained with blood and a severed arm in his right hand. It drips on the gravel already created a pool.
He caught them and dropped the arm. He began hobbling towards the group pretty fast. Jack reacted kicking him in the gut knocking him down. The next thing he did was jump on his head making a huge mess.
Fred nearly gagged and George wretched a little trying to keep it back.
Daniel checked the door to shed and found it locked so he kicked it in creating a ruckus. His foot went right through. Pulling it back he checked if his guys were still there.
Inside sat a rake, poison's, and a couple of machetes in a green flismly sheath. He took one for himself and tossed one to Jack.
"There's nothing else in there. Lets go get the bats and get back in before the notice we left."
They nodded and began running on down to the baseball field. George outran them all and caved in the door. Got what they needed. Bolted back to the door.
Inside bodies of teachers littered the gym floor making the hardwood slippery with blood. A few needs lay with their throats ripped out. This time Fred actually puked. Whoever is left is cowering on the top of the bleachers balling their eyes out. James and his goons are no longer in the gym.
Jack looked back to his pals. "Fred and George. I need you to get the remaining kids out back. Make sure they are armed. Me and the others are going to get bags full if food and water. Go."

Author here: Im hoping to make this a great horror series. Please stay with the story. Its bound to get better. My work will get better as it goes on. If you want your character in my book series after this one please text my profile. I will see what I can do.