chapter 34

Marcy is still heart broken over the loss of Anna. It has nearly been a week since the attack. Lots of people have already moved on especially big hearted Jack.
Jack walks into Marcys room and sit down on her bed. She looks at him like he is a monster in some way. "It is time to get up. Your children need you." He said trying to make her feel better.
"I don't think I can lead this army anymore. I lost a commander in a fight."
"I know it is hard to lose a friend to those bastards but you have to pull yourself together. In battles you will most likely lose troops but they die for the new world. Don't let Anna die in vein. On the battlefields its all on luck if you live. She just had bad luck that day." Jack said giving her a hug.
Marcy just sits there with bloodshot eyes from crying. "I suppose your right. Lets make her death mean something."
"There you go. How bout we get our ass in gear and get this place ready for the younger kids." Jack smiled.
"Yea. My children." She gives him a cute smile.

Within the last week a group of children showed up. Since they don't have any room they were sent to the factory. Talked about how they couldn't live in Winfield anymore. This place is no better, but atleast its not isolated. There luck jusr keeps getting worse.
Victor never came home at all. He must still be out wandering the world. Learning the land. Enjoying this new life he has been given.
The new commander of the archer unit is a boy called Isaac. He is bald with brown eyes. Somwhere between 6'3 and 6'6 like Archie. But this guy has a normal body set up. His chest is pretty wide with broad shoulders. He has enough strength and intelligence to judge and kill in great distances.
Jack had to fill in for Marcy so he chose him out of all the others. Nobody wants to be leader. Having responsibility to watch over the base. Making sure everyone is happy and healthy is a full time job.
Isaac stands on the roof watching everyone with Anna's old rifle. Her bow was broken in the fight when Hailey came through with the Ford.
Isaac just stood there watching all the kids at work. Guards aee pratroling the perimeter like usual. He loves his new job being on the roof. Being down on the ground made him feel small. Now he knows he can make a change.
"Hows the weather up there Isaac." Daniel shouted up.
He just grinned. "Its great. Hows the weather down there?"
"As fair as it will ever get but it is good." They both broke out laughing like its the funniest thing they have ever heard. It was just random that made it funny along with how old the joke is.