chapter 22

Lacrisha stood infront if the Winfield highschool to see Owen Mclaine. Guards walking the perimeter while kids plant crops for the up coming winter. A boy named Matt has gone inside to go get him.
"Owen we have some girls who want to trade metal for seeds. Do you want them to come in?" Matt asked.
"Sure. We can work out a trade agreement. Send them in." Owen said giving a dismissive hand gesture. He is a lay back guy with not many things to worry about. Strong and determined to do something he will get the job done if he tries. Even in his studies at school he didn't really try. Used his phone for everything and he just sits back and enjoy tranquility while it was there.
Matt is his chief guard. Likes to spend his time hunting any zombies he finds. Everday around night he goes with his pals into the other parts if Winfield. Sometimes on the highway to spice things up. Every time he comes back he and his guys carry back heads as trophy's. Put them on poles and street lights to indicate they dont play around.
Lately he has been thinking of leaving with his hunting party to Huntington and never returning.
"Owen wants the leader if this expedition." Lacrisha stepped up bold and confident. "Come with me then." He turned back towards the building.
Leading them into office he brung her into the first room to the left.
Owen leaned up out if his chair. "Take a seat. Introductions are in order."
Lacrisha sat down and Matt left closing the door behind him. "My name is Lacrisha Middleton. I a here to trade metal rods for seeds."
"As you know my name is Owen. I know about what you came here to do." He cleared his throat. "Metal is a precious item to this world, is it not? For how much you have I can throw in fertilizer." Peeking through the blinds.
"Why not. I dont see why you don't use them all over at the middle school as well. The place us bare." Lacrisha said with a straight face.
Owen scratched his dirty blonde short hair. "We would but the lack of guards makes it harder to protect the kids who tend to the garden's. Your girls look tuff and rowdy. My right hand man will not always be here you see. The man is reckless. Likes throwing himself into danger. Thrives and thirsts for excitement. He does good keeping the infected out though."
"We might be able to offer protection if you can throw in a place to sleep at night." Lacrisha said crossing her arms.
Owen came alive. "Splendid idea. Simply splendid." He said happily. "More foot soldiers means we can work together to expand our supply sources. Nobody goes hungry and less people die of starvation. Now tell me this one thing. How many soldier's do you have in total. Even the weak ones."
"A total of sixty- three people. And they can all fight except for one.  She came from the town of Poca. Big settlement there too."
He clasps his hands together taking in this new information. A settlement similar to ours just across the river. Run by delinquents no doubt. They could pose a threat if they were to attack anyone.
"I have made up my mind." Owen paused looking down at the desk. "Your people can merge with our just because we need more fighters. In return you get food and a place to sleep. Just bring your men over and all your belongings as soon as possible."
Lacrisha stood up and bowed. Turned to the door and left. Outside she told her girls to leave the metal and help get everything. Today is a great day for the generals.