chapter 13

Marcy observes Jacobs maps. Her finger lands where they are at. Then she trails her finger around looking for something.
"What are you looking for Marc?" Jacob leans over observing where her pointer goes.
"Trying to plot a route to get to Charleston capitol. That's for a later date. We should go right here." She points beside the river a mile away from the school. "K Mart. Off to the side across the road is a place with a crap ton of food and more wepons. Things we can use to our advantage." Her light is dimly lit from the three candles surrounding the big map.
The two of them are in the library of the school. It is across from the office entrance. One kid is in here reading a book about construction. Completely submerged in it.
Marcy walks over to him. "Find anything useful we can build to better help defense's, Sky?" pulling out a chair.
He nods. "Im reading a section about building a watch tower. If we build one we will most likely be ready for an attack. We should also set up a guard wall. To protect the archers on the roof."  Looking up at her.
"We should build a wall on the roof to protect us from raids. The other part would mean we would have to rip the structures outside apart."
"Don't worry Marcy Im taking care of all the building. Just need your approval to do so." Sky says yawning.
"Get some rest Sky. Me and the soldiers are going to go scavenge from K Mart and everthing down there." Marcy tells him getting up.
"Alright. Tomorrow Im going to start tearimg houses apart. We can use the land to build a food plot."
"Do what you will. Just dont go junking up the place or getting people killed." She laughs a little.
Jacob has ready turned in and went to go sleep in the gym. Left his bag and maps laying on the table with a note that says do not touch in big bold letters in sharpie.
Marcy isn't going to turn in just yet. She walks outside to talk to the lead night shift guard Alex. "Hows it looking out here tonight?"
"I dont know. You tell me. Normally we would be poking spears through the fence to kill them right about now. I got some archers ready if we have to deal with any leaders. We will dispose of the bodies in the morning and send them down the river. Go to bed Marcy. You are gonna need it."
She sighs. "Alright. When your done with the bodies I want you to tell Gary to start tearing down the houses. Put all the tanks in the baseball field. Night."
"As you wish. Goodnight." He bows happily.