57 ~ Maedhros

The elf struggled to keep up with the Maia, but it proved to be an almost impossible challenge for his weakened legs covered in bruises and uncountable other wounds covering his thighs in a mess of half dried blood. He stumbled across the stairs for a couple of times, and across his own legs for more times than he could count, until the lieutenant yanked him by the hair with a growl of annoyance.

He hissed in pain and defiance when he was pushed inside a vast room, a few guards eyeing him mockingly, and some of them leering subtly.

Before he had any time to take notice that they were approaching something, he was forced down on his knees before the menacing throne of Angband, and upon that mighty chair stood the Dark Vala, glancing down at him with a certain curiosity.
Maedhros felt a shiver run down his spine at the sight of Morgoth, so he decided to avert his look. He was left in a kneeling position, his hands resting on his lap and his eyes staring blankly at the floor.

"Well, Maedhros," Melkor suddenly crooned, shifting in his seat and shooting Mairon a quick look, "I bring news from your brothers! Heralds of mine have been sent to their camps last week. You see, I've offered them a deal. The terms were as simple as they could be: they lay their weapons down and leave my domain, and I grant you your freedom."

A wicked smirk blossomed on Melkor's face then, as he waited for the Noldo's reaction.