Chapter 28: Home

Emma's P.O.V:

A sensation of fear courses through my blood, through my heart, as I dig deeper into Killian's father's history and reputation.

The man is a complete psychopath.

Killian... he could be in danger. A lot of danger.

My throat catches as I stare at my computer screen, Brennan's jail records, and crimes right in front of me. As well as the fact that he'd tried to murder his own son.

How am I supposed to tell Killian?

Hey, babe, so your dad is a total maniac and tried to murder you. Oh and he's been to mental institutions and jail several times and also broken out each time, and has a reputation of murder, so yeah. Did you have a good trip?

No!

I sigh heavily, resting my head in my hands when I hear the familiar sound of a truck pulling into the foster home.

Foster home... I'm still here.

Even though I'm at an age where I'm allowed to leave...  or should be kicked out... it's really the only home I've ever had. And I love Marissa like a mother. She's the only person who's ever bothered to act like one, anyways. She even said that I'm welcome to stay here as long as I want to. I'll be leaving for college soon and this is the place where I have my happiest memories. I want my last ones before college to be spent here as well.

Back to the truck.

I stand up, confused, and pull back my curtain. Sure enough, I spot the truck of my one and only.

With a huge grin on my face, I dash down the stairs, quickly explain to Marissa so she'll hold all the kids back for a few, and race down the driveway.

"Killian!" I exclaim, overjoyed. He gets out of the truck just in time to catch me when I jump onto him, my legs wrapping around his waist. I cup his cheeks, planting loving kisses everywhere.

"Hey, love," he says, chuckling. "I'm so glad you're alright," he says, his eyes clearly filled with relief.

"Alright? Why wouldn't I be?" I ask, still beaming at the fact that he's finally home.

"Nevermind, Swan, just glad to see you." I finally get to his lips, holding him as close to me as possible.

"I missed you," I whisper, tucking my head into the crook of his neck. I can feel him smile against mine, giving me warm little kisses.

"Me too, my love," he answers, pulling my lips to his once more.

I move to deepen the kiss, sliding my hands down his chest and slightly opening my mouth to grant him greater access.

"Mmm, easy love, we've got company," Killian breathes, gently pulling away.

Only then do I notice a man standing nearby looking very awkward and very much resembling Killian. He has the same nose, same facial structure, and same color eyes. Only they don't glow like Killian's. His hair is a curly mess of pale brown, and he's a bit taller.

"Oh, uh, hi," I say shyly, blushing fiercely as I hop down from Killian's hold.

"Pleasure to meet you. Liam Jones, milady. You must be Emma?" Liam says in an accent just like Killian's.

"Yeah, that's me," I answer, shyly shaking his hand and quickly backing up to Killian's arms again. He chuckles lightly, planting a kiss on my forehead as I hide in his chest.

"You know, you're adorable when you're shy," he whispers softly in my ear, which only makes me blush more. I turn to look him in the eye and give a sarcastic remark...