Chapter 20: Restless

Emma's P.O.V:

Neal floats in and out of my dreams. Ruining happy, bubbly, warm, fuzzy thoughts and twisting them into dark, dangerous nightmares.

"Ah!" I sit up afraid and take in my surroundings. It takes me some time before I realize where I am.

You're fine Emma, it was just a stupid dream. For god's sake just go to sleep. I lie back down, tossing and turning. Left, right, feet on my pillow, head on the floor. Until finally I can't take it. I hop to Killian's room on my good leg and shake him awake.

"Mmmwhatdoyouwant..."

"Killian...?"

His eyes flutter open and he groans.

"What time is it?" he asks.

"2:35 am.... I'm sorry..."

"No need, love. What seems to be the problem milady?" he asks yawning. He stretches before rubbing his eyes and propping his head up on his elbow to look me in the eye.

"I can't sleep... I keep having nightmares. So I was hoping... if you're okay with it... maybe I could sleep with... you tonight?"

He smiles at how shy I'm being and raises his covers. I climb in beside him and he gently wraps his arms around me, careful not to hurt me.

"You're adorable, you know that?" Killian mumbles in my ear.

"I am?" I ask skeptically. This is the last way he should be thinking do me as adorable.

"Aye. You and your hot pink cast, hopping into my room before the sun rises like a bunny. Bloody adorable," he mumbles, pressing little kisses to my neck.

I giggle contently, shifting into a more snug position in his arms.

"Thank you. For holding me."

"Oh, don't thank me, love. In fact, I believe it's me who should be doing the thanking. I quite enjoy having you in my arms."

Once again, I giggle, and now I know.

My sleep won't be plagued by nightmares.

"Goodnight Killian."

"Goodnight Emma."