Chapter 10: The Necklace

Emma's P.O.V:

Arriving back at the orphanage with a long day of pretending that I hate Killian's guts on my conscience, the moment we are behind closed doors, I crash my lips onto his, kissing him passionately.

"Oh, I missed you today," I whisper, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. Killian's hand strokes through my hair as he holds me close.

"And I you, love. How are we going to do this every day?" He asks. I look up into his eyes and press my forehead against his, letting my nose sit against his cheek.

"I don't know. But I don't care. All that matters is that we're together now. We can worry about that later," I say. I close the gap between our lips and Killain gladly responds.

"Kids! Dinner!" Marissa calls from downstairs. I giggle as Killain leads me by the hand downstairs to the dinner table. Tonight is a special night. Killian and I just so happen to share a birthday. Sure Killian is a few years older than me, but we were born on the same day. It's Killian's 18th birthday and my 16th. Killian has no idea that I got him a gift and I plan to give it to him after dinner!

Killian's P.O.V:

Now, Emma thinks that I've got no clue she got me something for our birthday which I find hilarious. She's an open book. What she doesn't know is that, not only have I got her gift, but I also have a uh... little something planned. As soon as everyone has arrived at the table, I call everyone's attention.

"May I have your attention please? Hello?" Nobody's listening. Emma gives me a questioning glace.

"OI!!" Everyone turns to me. "Thank you. I'd like to make a toast. To Emma, my lovely girlfriend, the light in my life. Happy birthday, Swan." Everyone claps hysterically as I pull Emma's lips to mine. I can feel her smiling against me. I wave my hand behind Emma's head so she doesn't see, and Elizabeth understands. That's her signal. Her signal to set up the surprise. I continue to occupy Emma with my lips as Eli and a few other girls quietly slip away into the kitchen and upstairs. Still kissing Emma, the little ones run downstairs holding part poppers and hide on each side of the table. I see Eli in the corner of my eye coming out of the kitchen with the cake. Perfect. Finally pulling away from Emma, she looks up into my eyes, reflecting back the love I have for her.

"What was that for?" She asks, breathing heavily. "Not that I'm complaining, bu-"

"Becuase I couldn't imagine being with anyone else, Swan. I love you." Emma smiles wide and I pull her into my embrace. I que the girls hiding by the tables silently and count to three in my fingers beneath the table. Pulling away from Emma, I give the three signal and POP!!! Confetti flies everywhere in such specific color and order, that they in a way form a swan. It took SO BLOODY LONG. But it was worth it because Emma gasps and looks at me like I'm a god. I laugh a swap my arms around her while she plants kisses all over my face.

Elizabeth comes around with the cake. It's a boat on a lake... and the lake is full of swans.

"Oh Killian!! This is AMAZING!! You put this all together yourself?! Jeeze, and I was hoping to surprise you." Emma says laughing. I lightly press my lips against hers, then everyone whoops and claps as Emma and I cut the cake. Naturally, we decide to share a huge piece. The piece with writing on it. The piece that Elizabeth decided to have customized. That piece that says "Captain Swan Forever." Emma laughs wholeheartedly at that.

After the night is over, Emma and I sit on her bed trading gifts.

"Alright Swan, here you are." Emma raises an eyebrow as she takes the long, thin box from me. Opening it, she gasps.

Emma's P.O.V:

I gasp. It's a necklace. And it's absolutely gorgeous. It's simple silver, with a charm. It's a pirate's steering wheel, and a Swan. I smile, tearing up.

"What is it? Do you not like it?"

"No! No, it's absolutely perfect, I love it!!" I cup Killian's face in my hands and pull his lips to mine.

"Okay my turn!" I hand him a bag. Opening it, Killian's eyes grow wide and he stares at me in awe.

"Swan?"