Chapter 5: Whipped Cream

Emma's P.O.V:

Waking up in the morning, I rush straight to Killian's room and sit in a chair right in front of his bed.

I've got a bottle of whipped cream and a wicked smile on my face. With every careful fiber of my being, I squirt the cream all over his face, giving him a Santa beard, and bushy eyebrows. Then I get some sprinkles and chocolate chunks and scatter them all over Killian's face. Finishing my piece of art, I purposely leave a blank spot over his nose.

I set the can of whipped cream on the carpeted floor and grab a feather. My next step is a showstopper: I tickle Killian's nose with it. He begins to stir, and I can tell that he's itchy. I hold back a laugh as his hands go to his face, smushing my masterpiece all over himself.

I can't hold it back anymore, I laugh. Loud.

Killian wakes up, and opens his eyes. He's so confused. He wipes some of the cream away from his eyes and looks over to me horrified.

"Bloody hell, Swan! Is this your doing?!" he asks, licking the cream off his hand.

"Maybe," I say grinning. I don't see anger in his eyes. I see mischief.

The beers in my head don't turn fast enough.

"Well, then I guess I'll have to be a gentleman and share!" Killian hops onto me and kisses me, covering me in whipped cream. I laugh into his mouth.

Knowing me well, he reaches his hand just under my shirt and tickles me. I gasp, and laugh breathlessly.

"Killian!!.... I..... Can't.... Breathe!!" I continue to laugh, harder than ever until I end up on the floor, holding my stomach.

"Come on, you." Killian picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?!" I ask, giggling.

"Well we've got to out this cream to use somehow don't we? Let's make some pancakes!"

After washing up, and messing around a bit more, Killian and I head downstairs to the kitchen and make pancakes, eggs, and bacon for Marissa and all the kids. And of course, I make some hot cocoa with cinnamon for myself.

As I flip the pancakes in the pan, I glance over at Killian and nearly choke on my cocoa laughing. He has the most ridiculous and yet adorable look on his face as he tries to figure out how to cook the bacon. His features contort at the sizzle he hears when he sets the meat on the pan. He may be a genius when it comes to high school math, but he can't cook a piece of bacon for his life.

"Like this, dummy," I say, laughing. I set the bacon on the grill, and earn the satisfying sizzle.

"Is it supposed to sound like that?!"

"Have you never cooked before?!"

"Um... no?"

I suppress a laugh I set the table for the rest of the kids and Marissa.

The two of us do this a lot. Since we're the oldest kids in the system, we kind of take care of the younger ones and bring them under our wing. We try to help Marissa when we can. Making breakfast is one of the ways we do that.

After helping us wake up the rest of the foster kids, Marissa pulls Killian and I aside. Considering what she told us last time she took us aside, this can't be good.

"I just wanted to let you guys know that the family who wants to adopt Killian is coming by today," Marissa says. "They want to meet you, Killian."

"Okay, thank you," he says. He won't look at me.

"Killian? Hey, look at me. We might as well make the most of the time we have, right?" He turns to me, and nods with a smile. As soon as our lips are about to touch, the doorbell rings. They've arrived.