Chapter 19: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Emma's P.O.V:

"Ok... um what song should we sing?" I ask, somewhat awkwardly.

"Emmy Meghan Trainor Meghan Trainor!!" Kayla shouts happily.

"Yeah guys you should totally sing 'Like I'm Gonna lose you!'" Eli squeals giddily.

I look over to the stairs and see Killian descending them- with his guitar. He smirks at me, knowing that I hate singing for people. At least I don't have to do it alone I guess...

"Okay, uh Killian the kids have decided that we should sing Like I'm Gonna Lose You."

"Meghan?"

"Yep."

"Aye, that's a great song," he says, smiling mischievously.

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." I muter, my cheeks going bright red.

Killian sits beside me on the couch, careful of my foot and- well- pretty much my whole body. The kids gather around us and sit with wide eyes, waiting for us to start. Killian strums a few chords on his guitar, and leans over to me.

"You're going to be great, love, don't worry," he whispers reassuringly.

"You've never even heard me sing!" I whisper back playfully.

"Come on Emma all you've got to do is sing, nobody is going to judge you. You've got this."

And with that, he leans back from me, picks up his guitar pick, plays the intro, and ques me in.

And then I'm singing.

"I felt myself dreaming, in silver and gold, like a scene from a movie, that every broken heart knows..." I start shyly. I look down in my lap as I sing the verse, more shy than I think I've ever been. No one has ever really heard me sing.

Killian's P.O.V:

"We were walking on moonlight..." Emma sings.

To think, Emma was nervous. Thinking we would judge her because she wasn't 'good'. Hell, she's far better than just 'good'. She's bloody fantastic. Who knew? The swan can sing.

I strum the chords on until finally comes the chorus and I join Emma.

"So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you, I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye... Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted..."

Emma's P.O.V:

Damn, he can sing! I mean seriously?! Wow. You'd think after living with him my whole life, I might've known, but no. I mean, I knew he could play guitar, but the singing is new to me. And what a pleasant surprise it is.

Just as we are finishing up the chorus of the song, Marissa walks in and takes a seat by Eli and Kayla. She smiles and gives me an encouraging thumbs up.

You're doing great, she mouths.

We reach the solo part for Killian, and hearing his voice on his own is mind blowing. Who knew? The pirate can sing.

Killian's P.O.V:

I end my solo and Emma joins me back in the chorus. We finish our song and the kids applaud wildly. So wildly in fact, that Marissa actually had to calm them down. I glance at Emma in disbelief.

"You can sing!" We say in unison. We laugh and I pull her lips to mine.

"I love you," she whispers, resting her forehead on mine.

"Mmm, I love you to, love." She smiles and puts her arms around my neck and tilts her head cutely sideways.

Flash

"Really Eli? Again?" Emma and I ask, laughing.

"Uh, YA. You guys are like, hashtag relationship goals!! Like legit I'm gonna make a photo album!!"

"She's crazy," I whisper to Emma.

"Yeah but a good crazy," she says fondly.

"Sounds like someone I know..." I tease.

"Hey!" Emma says, hitting me playfully.

Eventually, the little ones head up to bed and Emma and I are left alone with Marissa in her office. We sit on the couch, Emma lying across my chest, wrapped in my arms, playing with the buttons on my shirt while I make knots in her hair.

"Can we just stay like this forever?" Emma asks.

"What do you mean, love?"

"I mean... I mean I wish we could just freeze this moment, and live in it forever," she says softly.

"Aye, that would be nice, wouldn't it. But no matter how much things change, one thing will always remain the same. And that is my love for yo-"

I'm cut off by a soft snore, and when I look down, I find Emma snoring softly, sound asleep. Marissa laughs from across the room, and I chuckle to myself. Together, we carry her up to her room and get her more comfortable.

I place Emma on her bed and stare down at my sleeping beauty.

"Good night Emma."