Chapter 7: Da Boss Ain't Happy

Killian's P.O.V:

I'm about to step into the car when something stops me. There is no way I'm just going to leave Emma like this. I love her.

"Wait," I say. "I'm sorry. I can't do this. I can't go with you guys. I can't just up and leave the girl I love. I'm sorry... I just can't. This is where I belong."

Robin and Regina stare at me in shock then look up at Marissa who is grinning. She looks proud.

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry we almost separated you two. It's alright, we can always find another kid," Regina says.

It's not until later that I realize how little she seemed to care that she'd lost her supposed child...

Emma's P.O.V:

"I'm sorry... I just can't," Killian says. I look up in shock, and fly straight to Killian's arms, knocking him over into the grass. I giggle and bring my lips to his. I've got the stupidest grin on my face, but I don't care.

"Are you insane?! You gave up a family for me?!" I ask, smiling wide.

"Of course, love. I love you don't I?" He winks, flashing a devilishly handsome smile and I laugh, pulling his lips back to mine. I can't believe it. I'm not losing him after all. I stare into his eyes.

"What is it, love?" I pull us back into a sitting position.

"When I was watching you go, I felt myself go back to the person I used to be. Just a lost little girl who didn't have anyone. But the moment you turned back, I just... I don't really know what I'm saying, honestly. Just... I love you a lot."

Killian laughs.

"Alright love. I'll let you know when I need to breathe," he says laughing. I grin and press my lips to his. I rest my head on his chest. He's mine.

Regina's P.O.V:

Driving back to headquarters, I know the boss won't be happy. We were supposed to take the kid and separate him from the girl so he'd be miserable. Instead... he's sickeningly happy.

"Neal is gonna kill us. You know he wanted those two separated," I tell Robin.

"I know. This isn't going to be pretty."

"I hate working for a teen. It's ridiculous," I say.

"Forget that, we're basically dead right now! Just because he's nineteen years of age, doesn't mean he isn't perfectly capable of what he says he is."

"I know," I grumble, "I know."