Chapter 3: You've Got Me Now.

Killian's P.O.V:

"Swan?" I call gently, knocking on Emma's door. "Emma I know you're in there. Please let me in." Silence.

When I arrived back at the home today, Emma hadn't walked home with me like she usually does. That got me quite worried. It was when I reached her door and I heard soft tears that I realized she'd been hurt somehow.

"Please, Emma? Let me help."

I hear shuffling and the door opens,
revealing Emma. She looks like such a wreck. Not the 'she's been crying for hours' kind of wreck. More like the 'she's been trying not to cry for hours' kind of wreck. Heartbroken, angry, and hurt. I can see it all in her eyes. Her red eyes from Hoskins back her tears. I spread my arms, and without hesitation, she steps into them. I hold her close, and she lets it happen. She closes her eyes and lets her tears fall. I lead Emma to her bed, closing the door behind me. She sits across my lap, and rests her head in my chest, still trying to hold back her tears. I wrap my arms around her.

"It's alright, love, let it out. Just cry. I'm here for you," I sooth, rubbing her back. I feel my shirt by her cheek begin to grow wet and it makes my heart ache. I hate to see Emma like this.

"Care to tell me who upset you so I can break their nose?"

"Neal," she says. That son of a bitch.

"What did he do, love?" I ask her. She looks up at me.

"He cheated," she says, her eyes misting over. She avoids my gaze. "I went to surprise him after school, and he was making out with Ruby Lucas," she says, almost emotionless.

"I'm so sorry, Emma. You deserve so much better. Look at me, love." I tilt her chin up. "No matter what happens, always remember this: you are bloody amazing. You're beautiful, funny, talented, kind, and caring. You've touched the lives of everyone in this foster system. Words aren't enough to describe you, and no one can take that away from you. You're special, Emma, and don't you ever forget it. Anyone would be lucky to you have you. And if they don't treat you well, they'll have me to answer to." Emma stares up into my eyes, then presses her perfect lips against mine. It's gentle and slow, but meaningful. She pulls away.

"I'm sorry," Emma whispers. "I know you have feelings for someone else, I shouldn't have done tha-" I silence her lips with my own, and her eyes grow wide.

"Emma that perfect girl I described when you asked me who I like? That was you. Absolutely not Brynn," I tell her. "It was you."

"M-Me?"

"Aye, love."

"You know the person I was trying to get over, when Neal asked me out...? It was you. Because I thought you liked Brynn," Emma says with a nervous laugh. I brighten, and smile.

"Well you don't have to worry about me, love. I'm right here, and my heart is yours, if you want it."

She doesn't say anything. Instead, she leans up slowly and presses a soft kiss to my lips.

"I take it that's a yes?" I say. Emma chuckles softly and nods. She rests her head on my chest and breathes out.

"I swear, the next time I see that son of a bitch, he's going to regret the day he was born," I tell her angrily. I look down, and I see Emma smiling in my arms.

"Thank you, Killian. For being there for me. For not giving up on me. Without you... I just feel lost. Like a lost little girl."

"Well you've got me now, Swan. Always."

Emma's P.O.V:

Sitting here in Killian's arms, I feel safe. I rest my head on his chest, and he just holds me until Marissa calls everyone down for dinner. Killian helps me clean myself up, and we walk downstairs together, I'm still feeling a little shaky, but Killian gives me a reassuring look. I smile weekly, and we sit down for dinner. In the middle of our meal, the doorbell rings.

"Who could that be?" Marissa mumbles.

"I'll get it," I volunteer.

I open the door, and oh god. It's Neal. I don't need this right now.

"What do you want?" I ask, annoyed..

"Hey Emma."

"What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" He asks.

"No. I don't think that would be best," I answer firmly.

"Look, Emma I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done what I did. I know that I don't deserve it, but can you forgive me? Can we just start over?" My face hardens.

"I'm sorry Neal, but no. I just... can't trust you. And besides, I've found someone who actually cares about me."

"Em-"

"I think you should go."

"Please, just hear me ou-"

"Goodbye Neal." He continues to protest, but I just close the door, and turn away, heading back to the table. I'm shaken, but I'll be alright.

"Who was it?" asks Marissa.

"No one, must have been a twig falling from a tree or something," I make up. As everyone goes back to their meals, I feel Killian's hand curl around mine under the table. I look over to him and he smiles lightly. He knows, I think.

"You heard?" I ask him so only he can hear. He nods.

"Everything?"

He nods again and smiles. He gives my hand a squeeze, and I smile. It feels good to have someone who actually cares about me for a change.

Marissa's P.O.V:

There's been a lot of drama going on between Emma and Killian lately. And based on those looks I'm seeing between them, do I sense romance? Well this is going to be interesting. These two are the yin to each others' yang. They're happiest when they are together. I smile as I catch a glimpse of Emma's hand in Killian's as they walk upstairs. After dinner, I head to my office. I receive a call from a happy couple that have been looking to adopt for some time.

"Hi! So have you guys decided who you want to adopt?" I ask.

"Yes! We want Killian Jones!"

Oh boy. This is going to be interesting indeed.