Epilogue

Contrary to what people would think, Travis and I didn't get married months after the engagement. As agreed upon, we both waited til I finished my course in architecture in the university. Of course, he attended my graduation and without any hesitation kissed me in front of the other people there. The people cheered and clapped their hands for his great display of affection while I was a blushing mess. And yes, my ex was there to witness everything and his mouth was left hanging open as Travis lip-locked with me. 

Months after that, we started the planning of the wedding. Jona and Dylan came to the Philippines as requested by Travis and me. I was thrilled to have Jona as my maid of honor and Dylan was no doubt, Travis' best man. Jona helped me plan our private beach wedding in Amanpulo. 

It was just intimate. His family flew from Canada with Aunt Angie with the rest of her family as well. My older brother was one of Travis' groom's men and other people from his construction firm flew to join the celebration to become a part of his entourage. On my side, of course there was Jona, Jazz, Pearl,Jhune and Eula  who were thrilled to be paired with Travis' crew as my bride's maids. 

Mamita was there too along with Ate Elydia. I only invited a few from my family since we wanted it to be really intimate. Pastor David and his wife Maggie were there to attend and officiate the ceremony. Our parents couldn't be prouder of this day. I was happy and at the same time really nervous about what was going to happen after the ceremony. Was I going to be happy with Travis? Was I going to be enough for him? 

Sitting down in front of the mirror, my mom assured me that everything was going to be okay. I nodded and hugged her and Dad before we went out of my room to walk down the aisle. My gown wasn't that lavish. It was just a simple short-sleeved laced white gown. The guys had the usual black suit and tie while the girls had this floral-inspired bridesmaid dresses except for Jona who wore a light pink chiffon gown. 

Meeting Travis there was quite one of the most emotional moments in my life. It made me look back at how far we've come; with me being his tour guide the first time he came here up to the time that he asked me to marry him in the house that he built for me. Everything was perfect. I thought that fairy tales did not come true but they do. When the time came for the groom to give his wife a kiss, Travis looked cheeky and even jested that he was going to do more than that. I just blushed but eventually gave him a sound kiss in front of the audience. 

We all went to the reception where we danced and sang the whole time. After sharing the whole day with the guests, we headed out to start our honeymoon. Well, actually, the guests had to move out to another island for us to have some privacy. And from t

hen on, we had the little paradise to ourselves. Travis and I were seemed ready to get ready in making a life together. 

"So are you up for the challenge of becoming my wife?" Travis asked me as we retired in the comfort of our bedroom. 

"Are you ready to put up with my tantrums, dear?" He laughed as a response and then looked deep into my eyes and kissed me soundly on the lips.

"As ready as I'll ever be. I love you, babe."

"I love you to.."

And this is how our road trip ended. It ended me completely besotted with this Canadian who got into my pick up truck on the day that I fetched him from the airport.